Author Topic: Survivability for a Feral Grappler  (Read 952 times)

Etarran

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Survivability for a Feral Grappler
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
Hey folks, seeking to pick your brains yet again on a character far different from those I normally play.

The campaign is a high-powered, frequent combat, survival-horror sort of affair, with a very generous stat spread and a few powerful house rules.

Relevant rulings:

Every Character gets one feat per hit die, and a bonus feat at first level (three total for humans) - up to two flaws are allowed.
Monks get a d6 hit die and full BAB.

My character is an ECL 2 Feral Human, using this monk variant (though ignoring the power point stuff for pathfinder): http://birdsnestnaelvich.wikidot.com/chaos-monk

I am focusing on grappling and stunning fist, and want to remain as mundane as possible in terms of build - magic items are fine.

The problem: Even with a 24 CON, I have 13 hit points as the party's primary (errrrr... make that only) melee character. I am going to be spending most of my time in grapples, a position not noted for its defensibility, especially against enemies which I expect to be both more numerous and larger than the party. Once I make it to level four or so, the lost hit points will balance out because of my tremendous CON, but I need to get there first.

Thus: With 1200 free gold and a few free feats (I have a ton, so I can swap things around), what would you recommend for survivability at level two for a character who will be bearing the brunt of danger in a dangerous campaign?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Survivability for a Feral Grappler
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
Acquire the mineral warrior template ASAP? DR8 and more con is nice.  Ideally at level 3 after buying off the Feral LA :P

Edit: Feral turns ALL your HD into D10s.  This means class level HD in addition to racial HD.  You should have 17HP.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:47:41 PM by Rebel7284 »
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286