Author Topic: CO Call Out  (Read 140406 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
CO Call Out
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:37:30 AM »
archerpwr shouting out here.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: CO Call Out
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:29:32 AM »
I guess I'll toss my hat into the ring. We'll see how things play out at WotC...
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 04:55:59 AM »
So we shall. I'm probably going to repost the CO Diary and Incarnum Handbook, and maybe a few other things here.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:41:43 AM »
I'll be checking out things here as well.
If at first you don't succeed - maybe failure is your style.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:43:59 AM »
I'm here too!  (Obviously).  Known as several incarnations of Autumn on the WotC boards, though very soon to be only 1-- I'm loosing the name I've had for 7 years there :(

As I said earlier, the core group of optimizers from the WotC boards are legendary.  Through some recent conventions and even some members here, it's becoming more clear that min/maxers are a very different breed than most gamers.  What is even more clear (and unexpected because I spent so much time at CharOp) is how little most gamers understand about min/maxing.  There is a serious amount of edumacation that needs to happen and it would be great if I had some folks from CO here to be able to point to and say "That!  That's what it's all about!" 

Now do the hokey pokey with me.

There was a lot on WotC that didn't fly because of the code of conduct.  Obviously I get and respect that.  But if you want a chiller atmosphere, somewhere that actually cares and respects you, and to be able to do projects/ handbooks etc without inane levels of bureaucracy, here's my sandbox.  Take a shovel.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »
Howdy howdy.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:05:10 PM »
All your Min/Max are belong to us.

Skydragonknight here. Only a part-time optimizer, but there's no way I'm going to let you guys get to have all the fun. Someday this thread might become legendary, you know.\

Edit: Autumn/Meg: You might want to tell the owners of this site that they'll want a bigger server soon. ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:08:32 PM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
Edit: Autumn/Meg: You might want to tell the owners of this site that they'll want a bigger server soon. ;)

That would be me :)  I'm still looking for someone to help out with web maintenance and our databases, etc...  So if anyone has that experience, please let me know!

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
Hmm, 10 new members in the last day and a half...

Apparently something went on at Wizards/Gleemax?
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »

That would be me :)  I'm still looking for someone to help out with web maintenance and our databases, etc...  So if anyone has that experience, please let me know!

I know nothing about the internet. Its a miracle I can even log into the forums as is.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tleilaxu_Ghola

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Wanted for consipracy to kill Pun-Pun
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
'sup guys

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »
*pops head in*
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
Hmm, 10 new members in the last day and a half...

Apparently something went on at Wizards/Gleemax?

More like went off-- the d20 boards are essentially being shut down completely and if I read right, will soon be deleted.  The only one to remain is the CharOp board, but just 1- all 3 are being put together and the suggestion was even to combine it with Character Development. 

This board is an alternative, and a place to be able to do what can't be done there. 

Spring_Thing

• Noob
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »
Someday this thread might become legendary, you know.\

In that case...

*posts*

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 06:44:09 PM »
So would I totally loose my calm, cool, and collected reputation if I tackle hugged you all? 

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »
So would I totally loose my calm, cool, and collected reputation if I tackle hugged you all?
Wait, you're supposed to be calm, cool, and collected?  I guess we'll have to blame Zeke for coloring my perception of you.

More like went off-- the d20 boards are essentially being shut down completely and if I read right, will soon be deleted.
So, same stellar customer relations as usual then...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
Wait, you're supposed to be calm, cool, and collected?  I guess we'll have to blame Zeke for coloring my perception of you.

Yeah, well, when people wipe their face with a used napkin full of food and end up wiping more food on their face, I tend to loose it. 

That description is more of wishful thinking than reality... or maybe not so much even that.  Who wants to be boring?

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
A little confused.  Decided to take a good look at the thread "RPG Reorganization" which Autumn mentioned.

This quote by Autumn:

Char Dev may be slow, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Char Op. If you have to merge it with something, merge it with Campaign Workshop, so at least you have the creative writing threads all in one place, separate from the crunchy math-based threads (CharOp)

In which Gamer_Zero replies:

I agree, didn't quite get it before, but now I do. I've requested this change and made the initial posts in those forums accordingly.

This is the last time in the thread that CO boards are mentioned.

Did I miss something???? ???
If at first you don't succeed - maybe failure is your style.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
Nope.  Wouldn't be the first time pounce and the grapple rules have come into play on me.  Once got pinned on the surprise round.  Gotta love surprise glomping.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
Maybe Autumn should link us to the appropriate thread. I've browsed around (took me a while to even find the correct board... I think), but there are several threads all discussing the same thing. I'd link it myself, but WotC seems to be on the fritz right now.

edit: oh wait, here it is... http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1015243
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills