Author Topic: Kell's Latest : The Bard from Baator!  (Read 5855 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Kell's Latest : The Bard from Baator!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:13 PM »
For your full bloodline abusing black hatting, you should be using dirtier tricks. 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
For your full bloodline abusing black hatting, you should be using dirtier tricks. 

Thanks for the reminder :D  Will have work on that one more >.>
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Arz

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
Pardon the alliteration, and "hell" is overused anyhow :P  Here's the goals :

-Incantatrix 4 to persist Dragonfire Inspiration

As far as I know there is no way to apply metamagic to bard songs. You could take subsonics and just never stop singing. In D&D a high C or C6 can be maintained continuously.  :o

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »
Pardon the alliteration, and "hell" is overused anyhow :P  Here's the goals :

-Incantatrix 4 to persist Dragonfire Inspiration

As far as I know there is no way to apply metamagic to bard songs. You could take subsonics and just never stop singing. In D&D a high C or C6 can be maintained continuously.  :o

So long as there is always movement, technically a crystal echoblade will maintain a song indefinitely, but that involves conservation of momentum :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »
thats where snowflake dance or whatever comes in handy :P

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 06:33:47 AM »

Bard 7/Paladin of Freedom 2/Battledancer 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Incantatrix 4

Add in spellfire wielder and give me a way to use desert wind/iron heart maneuvers, and you've built my damn namesake for me... you bastard....  :p

Seriously though, I love that build....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:35:33 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »

Bard 7/Paladin of Freedom 2/Battledancer 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Incantatrix 4

Add in spellfire wielder and give me a way to use desert wind/iron heart maneuvers, and you've built my damn namesake for me... you bastard....  :p

Seriously though, I love that build....

Well the first part is easy enough, and I suppose you could take a few feats and sub out AC for JPM?  Same BAB, one lower CL (so much for the spare feats, and one of Inca's being used on Persistent Spell).  Right now I'm working on a bard/SC combo that maximizes IC while being awesome at spell spammage.  Looks like the only really good class for this is Virtuoso...anyone know of another 10 level non-suck class that adds 10/10 or 9/10 casting and progresses IC?  Bard 8/Vir 2/SC 2/Vir 3-10 would be Bard 18 (24 after gear) for IC, maybe find a way to get two more effective levels for base +5 IC (and then double it twice with WoC and Focused Performer).  I bet 30d6 DFI or more isn't that unrealistic from this.  Also, can you trade the songs from Virtuoso for feats, a la Eberron Bard?
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »
What's Focused Performer do, where's it from, and where's it going this weekend?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 12:09:19 AM »
What's Focused Performer do, where's it from, and where's it going this weekend?

Focused Performance reduces the song to only affect one person (like...myself), not sure where it's from, and this weekend I'm not working (about fucking time...10 days straight), so not going anywhere other than on the lappy and here :D
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Rooster

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 02:53:20 AM »
It's 3.0 material, but... there's an article in Dragon 301 that lets you invest ranks into Perform specializations called Masterwork Performances. Put skill points in, get better musics. The boost to Inspire Courage improves the normal +1 of 3.0 to +3... which would reasonably mean it would grant a straight +2 bonus in 3.5 to your Inspire Courage.

The article was called Meter and Measure.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 03:03:47 AM »
It's 3.0 material, but... there's an article in Dragon 301 that lets you invest ranks into Perform specializations called Masterwork Performances. Put skill points in, get better musics. The boost to Inspire Courage improves the normal +1 of 3.0 to +3... which would reasonably mean it would grant a straight +2 bonus in 3.5 to your Inspire Courage.

The article was called Meter and Measure.

Duly noted and integrated :D  24 effective levels of Bard = 4 free levels that can come off of Virtuoso (since he's not gonna hit the magical 26).  We're at Bard 8/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 3-6/Incantatrix 4, an IC of 4 (effective bard level 20 IC) + 1 (Battle Rattle) +1 (Song of the Heart) +2 (Masterwork Performance) +1 (Badge of Valor) +1 (Inspirational Boost spell) = +9, +18 with Words of Creation, +36 to a single person with Focused Performance.  Whoa.

EDIT : Damn, and that article includes notes and tables for making your own Masterpieces.  Make one for +10 attack and damage on Inspire Courage :)  Here's a buff sequence for ya, assuming Lingering Song :

Maximized Time Stop (5 free rounds)~>Inspire Courage (+68 to hit and damage)~>Inspire Courage, Dragonfire Inspiration (+68d6 energy damage)~>Inspire Heroics (+16 AC and saves)~>Whatever you want for the last two.  Come out of the time stop as Goku and own face.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:56:56 AM by KellKheraptis »
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!