Author Topic: What are the stats for a Darkwood 'Chain' Shirt?  (Read 6285 times)

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
Re: What are the stats for a Darkwood 'Chain' Shirt?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Actually, I think the disagreement is as follow:

Side 1: If a wooden chain shirt can exist independently of the darkwood special material, then what we are doing is applying the darkwood properties with the base item being a wooden chain shirt.  So, when we read those sentences, we evaluate normalcy in terms of the base item, a wooden chain shirt.  A wooden chain shirt is, by definition, normally made of wood. 

Side 2: Even if a wooden chain shirt can exist independently of the darkwood special material, what we are doing is still applying the darkwood properties with the base item being a chain shirt, without qualification. 

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:17:46 PM »
Actually, I think the disagreement is as follow:

Side 1: If a wooden chain shirt can exist independently of the darkwood special material, then what we are doing is applying the darkwood properties with the base item being a wooden chain shirt.  So, when we read those sentences, we evaluate normalcy in terms of the base item, a wooden chain shirt.  A wooden chain shirt is, by definition, normally made of wood. 

Side 2: Even if a wooden chain shirt can exist independently of the darkwood special material, what we are doing is still applying the darkwood properties with the base item being a chain shirt, without qualification. 

Which results in...what? :) Break it down into stats for me.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
The first position I described would result in the armor being masterwork and weighing half as much as normal.  The second position I describe has two interpretations, as described in your post. 

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
just to finish up .... look at Races of the Wild ... pages 168/169

Wildwood

Wildwood Chain Shirt 500gp +3 Armor, +5 max Dex, -1 Armor check penalty, 15% ASF, 19lbs

not just Theoretical ..... and not campaign specific

:D