Author Topic: Working on a Lucario build  (Read 2191 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Working on a Lucario build
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »
NOTE: Gestalt build, and based mostly on Brawl.

Here's what I've got so far:
(Sources: PHB2, SRD, BoED, BoVD, MoI, RotD, SS)

NG Masochist Dragonborn (mind) water orc
Traits: Slow

1Barbarian 1/Totemist 1Berserker strength (variant), Feat: Sacred Vow
2Barbarian 2/Totemist 2-
3Crusader 1/Totemist 3Feat: Vow of Poverty
4Crusader 2/Monk 1Decisive Strike (variant), Soulwarp Strike (variant), VoP feat: Righteous Wrath
5Crusader 3/Monk 2Bonus Feat: Fiery Fist
6Crusader 4/Monk 3Feat: Cobalt Rage, VoP feat: Sanctify Natural Attack
7Crusader 5/Monk 4-
8Crusader 6/Monk 5VoP feat: Touch of Golden Ice
9Crusader 7/Monk 6Bonus feat: Ki Blast, Feat: Improved Toughness
10Crusader 8/Fighter 1Bonus Feat: Combat Reflexes, VoP feat: Vow of Abstinence
11Crusader 9/Fighter 2Bonus feat: Azure Toughness
12Crusader 10/Totem rager 1Feat: Pain Mastery, VoP feat: Fist of the Heavens
13Crusader 11/Totem rager 2-
14Crusader 12/Totem rager 3VoP feat: Nimbus of Light
15Crusader 13/Totem rager 4Feat: Robilar's Gambit

He will have the Rageclaws soulmeld shaped, along with something to boost agility and jumping.

Due to Robilar's Gambit, Lucario gets in more attacks while taking more damage. However, as Lucario takes damage, he gets bonuses due to Masochism and his Crusader abilities. For every 50 points of damage he takes, he gains +2 Strength from Pain Mastery. When his hp is below 10, his Berserker Strength kicks in (which also gives him 2 more essentia), and when his hp is below 0, his rageclaws activate. While he has the Slow trait, he also has monk speed and barbarian fast movement, resulting in a net speed of 45ft.

If Lucario's type raises some eyebrows, he can use a ritual from Savage Species to become a Magical Beast (and add the cold subtype to represent his Steel-type traits).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:05:14 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Working on a Lucario build
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
*bump*

Berserker strength activates when your hp is below 5 x your barbarian level. If I trade some crusader levels for more levels of barbarian, I get berserker strength sooner, and some more hp (which can boost Pain Mastery if I get enough), but I lose some of the crusader's Steely Resolve and manouevers.

At 11th level, berserker strength improves, and I don't need Diehard from the crusader levels as long as I have rageclaws, but usually, ToB > non-ToB...

What do you think would be the optimum balance of barbarian levels versus crusader levels?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Working on a Lucario build
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Berserker Strength doesn't qualify you for Rage-based feats. Thus, you cannot qualify for Totem Rager.

[spoiler][/spoiler]