Author Topic: Relationship Advice (Was: Some Tips for Single Gamers)  (Read 63110 times)

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Relationship Advice (Was: Some Tips for Single Gamers)
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2008, 09:04:37 AM »
I hear sex is usually better than masterbation.

For guys, usually yes... For girls... It depends. It depends on a lot of things.
Find better lovers?
I think the main things are Mood and Lover skill
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »
Find better lovers?

Well, I now know I'm really tired because that made me laugh for a good 2 minutes. :D

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2008, 09:16:16 AM »
Find better lovers?

Well, I now know I'm really tired because that made me laugh for a good 2 minutes. :D
Don't you live in the US?  You should be sleeping.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »
Find better lovers?

You mean like you, Uber? :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »

It isn't.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »
Find better lovers?

Meh. Sleep is for the weak.
I work nights at my school. But luckily, I'm off duty now! Night night!

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
G'night :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
I fully intend to live like Tony Stark.  Right now is just the training stage.

So brilliant, filthy rich, good looking, and a total asshole? Or are we talking about Tony Stark after he's done being a self-indulgent jerk.

Plus, I think being "the man" as guys like to put it (where you sleep around with tons of girls) is just friggin crazy. There are so many STDs out there-many of which are either incurable or even deadly... Why take that chance? Unattached sex ain't worth the slew of problems that can come from it (babies, STDs, AIDs). This is all merely my opinion.

Clearly I don't fully understand the male psyche. 

AIDS is an STD. :P

With that said yes, STDs discourage the casual sleep around thing. If the girl is clean, you don't have to worry about that if you settle down... as long as she doesn't go sleeping around either and gets it that way. Babies however are a risk regardless, unless she gets herself sterilized (or you do, either way). They are arguably more of a risk if you settle with someone from the male's perspective as you're more likely to be stuck with the unwanted child as opposed to her not knowing who the father is and being unable to stick you with child support as easily. And although this should go without saying, if the child is wanted it isn't a problem now is it?

In summary, you are partially correct but got a few of the details wrong.

Edit: I go to post, then notice the other page and a half... nice.

*hides folder of bondage, tentacles, and futanari*

Meh. Tame.

Read Least I Could Do.  Awesome webcomic.  Rayne is my hero.  Sohmer gave me the idea for my next costume.

Ontopic:
Brilliant- WAY check.
Filthy rich- A matter of time.
Good looking- You should see me in my suit.
Total asshole- Depends on who you ask.

3/4 at age 18.  Not bad.

Let's see... I got brilliant, rich I have no comment about, good looking... general consensus is yes, and am definitely a total asshole to those that deserve it (which is most people). Not too shabby.

I actually had to be taught how to accept compliments.  When I was little I would simply say, "I know," and stare at people like they were stating the sky is blue.  I have learned that you do this:
1) Smile at the person.
2) Give a half nod.
3) Say, "Thank you."
Optional) Follow the thanks with mutterings of how no one else notices.
Optional, B) Compliment them back on a similar trait.

I'm not the only one that got that? I'd just kinda look at them and say "Ok..." as if they were stating a fact, and I was prompting them to get to the point.

And as for the lover skill bit... if he's just the type to lean over you and grunt, yeah I can see that. If he knows what he's doing... :smirk
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:01:39 AM by Sunic_Flames »
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »
Sometimes those mistakes are good. I bet some of us are mistakes :P
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »
Yay for ninjas. From the perspective of the two involved was it good? Probably not, as it threw a wrench in their lifestyle. And if it didn't, it wouldn't be classified as a mistake, it'd be thought of in a positive light. Yeah, it's good for you obviously if you were involved in that (impersonal you), but if it didn't happen you wouldn't know the difference. *shrugs*

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:51 PM »
What do people think about Cohabitation vs Marriage?

I'm kinda up in the air about it.  Call me a romantic, but I like the idea of being married to a woman and having the family thing and all that.  Plus, taxes are better (from what I've heard, I'm no accountant).  But, sometimes people should just live together and be happy, marriage can put pressure on a relationship.  Or not?
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »
I've found the only purpose to marriage is a legal/financial thing. Everything else you could do without it. Then there's the fairly obvious drawback you hear about often - woman takes half your stuff.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

For guys, usually yes... For girls... It depends. It depends on a lot of things.

;)  ... :smirk ...  :eh

It could depend on whether it's the 1st horn of the "rhino" or the 2nd horn of the "rhino".

I could also depend on whether the "rhino" bellows or not.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
Nah, I'm with BobismyRhino- it depends.  It depends on the mood, it depends on the setting, it depends on what I'm looking for... there's no clear "best" in anything. 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Skara Brae

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »
Nah, I'm with BobismyRhino- it depends.  It depends on the mood, it depends on the setting, it depends on what I'm looking for... there's no clear "best" in anything. 
Yes.  What counts as great sex the first time is great sex.
The second time it's more of a good thing, I guess.
The third time it's...hey, don't you know any other techniques?
The fourth time it's just boring.
The fifth time it's nonexistent because I've found someone who can enjoy more than one type of sex and I'm no longer dating you.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2008, 01:14:09 AM »
Sometimes those mistakes are good. I bet some of us are mistakes :P

*Raises hand*  :lol
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2008, 01:50:59 AM »
I rode in the car for 15 hours today.  I knew when my sleep would come.  Got a good 5 hours today.

What are the thoughts on a guy actually practicing and taking feedback to improve technique (this is pretty much the hook I used to suggest friends with benefits)?
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: July 13, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »
;)  ... :smirk ...  :eh

It could depend on whether it's the 1st horn of the "rhino" or the 2nd horn of the "rhino".

I could also depend on whether the "rhino" bellows or not.

:lol I nearly pissed myself from laughing so hard at this.

Yes.  What counts as great sex the first time is great sex.
The second time it's more of a good thing, I guess.
The third time it's...hey, don't you know any other techniques?
The fourth time it's just boring.
The fifth time it's nonexistent because I've found someone who can enjoy more than one type of sex and I'm no longer dating you.

Actually, I think that the more sex you have with someone, the more you're able to figure out what drives both you and your partner wild. Kinda like practice makes perfect. Sure, you sometimes need to ignore your comfort levels and just experiment, but frankly, the more you know what little things get your partner off, and the more you know what you like (and are comfortable enough to vocalize requests of your partner) the better the sex is.

Skara Brae

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2008, 02:09:54 AM »
Actually, I think that the more sex you have with someone, the more you're able to figure out what drives both you and your partner wild. Kinda like practice makes perfect. Sure, you sometimes need to ignore your comfort levels and just experiment, but frankly, the more you know what little things get your partner off, and the more you know what you like (and are comfortable enough to vocalize requests of your partner) the better the sex is.
Absolutely.  However, when someone likes only one particular thing, wants only one particular thing, and can't do more than one thing for you...you're going to have issues keeping it interesting in the sack for more than a month. :P

There is nothing like settling into the rhythm of comfortable I-know-you sex. :)  It's like that good recipe you have: a comfy old standby, tastes good, not too fussy or time consuming to make, but so enjoyable, and you keep making it over and over again...and it still tastes delicious.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
WordSlinger done dug hisself a big ol' hole here guys. I'll warn ya now, it is a massive wall o' text...
[spoiler]Like most stories, mine begins with a girl. We'll call her Elliot for the purposes of this discussion. Elliot was the first girl I ever really had romantic feelings for, and for the last four years of High School, during which time both of us have had many other relationships, I began to love her, to think that she was my 'special person.'
At this point I should tell you about Elliot's girlfriend (to clarify, Elliot is bisexual), who we shall call Shaun for reasons Scrubs fans will probably find very obvious. Shaun, until a couple of weeks ago, had been exchange-student-ing in Indonesia.
About a month ago, on a fateful Wednesday night, we went to see the movie Iron Man. This was a fairly regular thing for us to do, and everything felt normal until I walked her to her door, because I'm a gentleman. But, as we hugged good-bye, we looked at each other and kissed, real kissing, amazing kissing. At this point Shaun was still in Indonesia, but when I tried to talk to Elliot about it, she told me I should drop it and we should continue being friends.
As one can probably expect, such a rapid rising and complete crushing of my hope left me hurt; so I did what every man does when he is truly hurt, I withdrew and stopped answering my phone when she called, and began the long and painful process of getting over Elliot.
Now enters the final character in this tragic comedy, we'll call her Kim. Kim was a girl who was a co-worker and class-mate of mine. We met at the beginning of this year and I've always had a crush on her, but have been unable to ask her out for one reason or another. As many people will tell you, when getting over a person, the best route to take is to try and start something new. To be clear, I do genuinely like Kim, I wasn't trying to use her solely to get over Elliot.
So, fast forward to this Wednesday. We were working together, and as we were locking up the store I asked her if she wanted to see "Get Smart" with me on Friday(Which most of you will recognize as today), she told me she would give me a y/n when she came to get her paycheck yesterday/Thursday, but I ended up leaving before she came and she hasn't returned my calls.
Also on Wednesday, I found out that Elliot and Shaun had broken up. So, because I knew she was going to be hurting pretty bad, and she was my best friend, whatever else, I decided to go try and cheer her up on Thursday after work. We hung out for a couple hours, watched The X-Files and Friends, had a generally fun time. As I was getting ready to go, I made the same mistake twice. I hugged her and when I tried to break the hug she wasn't letting go (I didn't actually let go, but I did relax pressure). I looked down at her, and before I knew it, we were kissing again. I left in kind of a hurry, told her I had to baby-sit my little brother, which was only a half-truth.
And now Kim hasn't called me back.
[/spoiler]

tl;dr: There are two girls, one I loved and one I could love. The one I loved wants me now, and I have no idea about the other.
SAVE ME SUPERMAN!
I refuse to comment because I know who you're talking about. But I'm here for you if you need it.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.