Author Topic: Kung Fu Genius for Unarmed Swordsage?  (Read 3723 times)

Talbot

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Kung Fu Genius for Unarmed Swordsage?
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
Would you allow it? How would it work? Would it just be for the AC bonus or would it apply to save DCs and Insightful Strikes as well?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Kung Fu Genius for Unarmed Swordsage?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »
I wouldn't reccommend it regardless as most of the manuver Save DC's are Wisdom-based (of those Swordsages get access to).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 12:06:29 AM »
If I would allow it I would switch all the wisdom based class abilities for swordsage to Int, but i would leave the manuvers alone, so most swordsage manuvers DC's would still be wis based.

If a player asked me I would probably allow it with the above restiction.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:11:44 AM »
Would you allow it? How would it work? Would it just be for the AC bonus or would it apply to save DCs and Insightful Strikes as well?

Would only be AC by Raw, which is so not worth it.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

kalaskaagathas

• Bi-Curious George
  • "Seek Perfection of Character" - Gichin Funakoshi
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 01:56:53 AM »
You might as well just ask for an unarmed Warblade, INT-based and only mildly less of a house-rule than the Unarmed Swordsage.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
You might as well just ask for an unarmed Warblade, INT-based and only mildly less of a house-rule than the Unarmed Swordsage.
No kidding. Seeing how a Warblade gets bonus feats, all you would really be asking is to trade two of those away for Improved & Superior Unarmed Strike (both are not on the bonus feat list, hey is says warblade right?).
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Critters

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »
Ya but it is also an unarmed swordsage and the variant feature allows the use of improved unarmed strike.  If the original feat changed everything from wisdom to intelligence then as long as the feat is allowed by the DM then i could see it applying to everything.  It would make for a great skill monkey build since the swordsage already has a ridiculous amount of skill points.