Author Topic: Best 3.5 D&D Adventures  (Read 40449 times)

Necrosnoop110

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Best 3.5 D&D Adventures
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »
(1) What are some of the best store bought adventures for 3.5 D&D?

(2) What are some of the best homebrewed adventures available online for 3.5 D&D? (please include link if possible)

Thanks,
Necro

MilwaukeeJoe

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
Re: Best 3.5 D&D Adventures
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:38 PM »
(1) What are some of the best store bought adventures for 3.5 D&D?

Those produced by Necromancer Games. "Third Edition Rules, First Edition Feel" was their motto.

The best of the bunch, IMO, "Rappan Athuk". Epic Dungeon Crawl with Orcus at the end!

MilwaukeeJoe

Necrosnoop110

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:33:32 AM »
The best of the bunch, IMO, "Rappan Athuk". Epic Dungeon Crawl with Orcus at the end!
Looks pretty cool. Any where I can buy the box set in print without getting a second mortgage? Amazon has used ones starting at $239.99, saw another one on ebay with a "buy now" price of $750.00?!?!?!?!?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:36:51 AM by Necrosnoop110 »

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:16 AM »
Looks pretty cool. Any where I can buy the box set in print without getting a second mortgage? Amazon has used ones starting at $239.99, saw another one on ebay with a "buy now" price of $750.00?!?!?!?!?

or a download link would be awesome

some of our groups favorites were ravenloft games. heres two i DM'd
http://davidcwood.com/adnd/campaign/night.php    which wwas a good opener to have my players get to ravenloft.

and 2nd
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/DrawingRoom/Ravenloft_Products/Adventures_1_2_Edition/ThoughtsOfDarkness.html
this one was when they were higher level, but it was really fun. the players reactions were the best. alot of overwhelming sense of dread type stuff. all of my players said it was one of there favorite adventures. its a good 'drop in'/'one shot' adventure
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
You can never go wrong with The Shackled City. You can either get the old 3.0/3.5 adventures from Dungeon Magazines, or you can pick up the updated book itself. It's not available as a pdf. Still one of my absolute favourites.

Another fun one, much like Rappan Athuk, is the World's Largest Dungeon.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

RealMarkP

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
I'm in the middle of City of the Spider Queen (WotC) and I'm in love with the story. Good story, great combat.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:55:49 AM »
You can never go wrong with The Shackled City. You can either get the old 3.0/3.5 adventures from Dungeon Magazines, or you can pick up the updated book itself. It's not available as a pdf. Still one of my absolute favourites.

wheres the worlds largest dungeon? thats not the never ending dungeon is it?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »

wheres the worlds largest dungeon? thats not the never ending dungeon is it?
If it's known by another name, then yes. If not, then no.

My book says "The World's Largest Dungeon" by Jim Pinto. It goes from CR 1 all the way to CR 20+.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:32:42 AM »
World's Largest is pretty good but not spectacular.  The suggested houserules are annoying, but you can just ignore them.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
well as far as dungeon crawls go how is it? afew of my players really really love dungeon crawls. idk why.. i think they suck. but w/e. so im looking for a excellent dungeon adventure. already done adventure to undermountain or w/e. wasent very impressed

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »
well as far as dungeon crawls go how is it? afew of my players really really love dungeon crawls. idk why.. i think they suck. but w/e. so im looking for a excellent dungeon adventure. already done adventure to undermountain or w/e. wasent very impressed
For Dungeon Crawls, it's pretty good.

RealMarkP

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »
World's Largest is pretty good but not spectacular.  The suggested houserules are annoying, but you can just ignore them.

This is true. However, you can always rip out pieces of this adventure (at least the mechanics of each room, etc) and put together your own generic dungeon crawl.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 01:36:19 AM »
yea i just downloaded a copy of it. il probly do that, just rip out pieces as needed.  imo a 1-20 dungeon crawl would be boring about... 1/10th the way thrue  :D

the maps look pretty cool though.

MilwaukeeJoe

• Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »

or a download link would be awesome

some of our groups favorites were ravenloft games. heres two i DM'd
http://davidcwood.com/adnd/campaign/night.php    which wwas a good opener to have my players get to ravenloft.

and 2nd
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/DrawingRoom/Ravenloft_Products/Adventures_1_2_Edition/ThoughtsOfDarkness.html
this one was when they were higher level, but it was really fun. the players reactions were the best. alot of overwhelming sense of dread type stuff. all of my players said it was one of there favorite adventures. its a good 'drop in'/'one shot' adventure

www.drivethrurpg.com has it for reasonable prices, especially the D&D 3.0 versions (aka not the Reloaded ones).

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=rappan+athuk&x=0&y=0&quicksearch=1&search_filter=&filters=&search_free=&search_in_description=1&search_in_author=1&search_in_artist=1

MilwaukeeJoe

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
Any suggestions for mid to higher level play? We're getting pretty close to finishing up the Red Hand of Doom and are looking for something to continue our adventures on afterward that may be similarly themed, mainly facing down chromatic dragon plots. We should be level 12 or so upon completion.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
Any suggestions for mid to higher level play? We're getting pretty close to finishing up the Red Hand of Doom and are looking for something to continue our adventures on afterward that may be similarly themed, mainly facing down chromatic dragon plots. We should be level 12 or so upon completion.
If you were higher level I'd have said to do the War of Dragons one, but that's better for 18th level, although you could probably scale that one down some.

There's a Classic Dungeon Crawl called Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen. It's meant for 14-15 level, but again you could adjust it a bit for them, and adapt it for a dragon instead of a queen sphinx.

Don't really know too many dragon specific ones.

You could do something a little different. Did any of the dragons survive? Or many perhaps the dragons have heard of them by now, and want them out of their way so they too don't follow in their brethren's steps. In which case, have an assassin squad go after them with the adventure An Eye For An Eye, and have them take on the mercenaries the Council of Wrath. It's originally meant for 8th level characters, but you could easily advanced them all a few levels. It'd likely catch them off guard. Fighting dragons for so long and now they have to get into a regular fight with another group, who's slowly trying to break them up, and ruin their reputation at the same time, all because they took on X number of dragons and ruined their plots.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
We haven't quite gotten to the end yet, but I wanted to be prepared incase they get through the end quicker than anticipated. They are a fairly optimized group so I don't think a one level higher increase in crs would be too bad.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »
We haven't quite gotten to the end yet, but I wanted to be prepared incase they get through the end quicker than anticipated. They are a fairly optimized group so I don't think a one level higher increase in crs would be too bad.
Fair enough. I definitely recommend the Eye for an Eye adventure though if they're good at thwarting people. No adventurer that sticks their nose in things doesn't make someone angry, and want their head on a pike by the end.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 11:10:37 PM »
I played through all of the Age of Worms campaign, and the first 12 levels of Savage Tides.  Those were both really, really good, I thought.  I preferred the latter just a bit.

Both are available from Paizo...  I think you could probably find a torrent if you wanted to go that route.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:45 AM »
iv heard of savage tides. whats it about?