Author Topic: Stoopid question please help!  (Read 936 times)

NecroticBanana

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Stoopid question please help!
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
I've gotta build a 20th level pathfinder character. normally not a big deal, but when we go straight to 20 instead of the gradual progression, my learning disability kicks in and i get numbers jumbled in my head and stuff. please help

a 20th level witch, who starts with an INT of 20 and progresses it to a 25, should have how many spells per level? (just the base alotment + Int mod, not including patron abilities or none of that) but including the bonus from the alt. favored class feature mentioned below.

also i believe I'm supposed to have 139 skill points? ( i took the alt. favored class feature that gives me additional spells instead of just +1 skill/hp)

Thanks everyone...i hate to sound so damned dumb :-P
You magnificent Bastard

Jesus saves...Allah protects...and Cthulhu thinks you'd make a great sandwich

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

No man should outlive his fictitious wizard -Homer Simpson

Any legal defense starting by: ''I was drunk'' is bound to fail.-Alastar

kitep

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Stoopid question please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:18 PM »
I don't have any of the pathfinder stuff, so I can't help you there, but I do have a suggestion.

Make a 1st level witch.
Then bump it up to 2nd.
Then bump it up to 3rd.
Repeat, repeat, repeat until you have a 20th level char, complete with a history of what you did at each level.

Good luck!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:00:59 AM »
First thing of note, permanent Int increases grant retroactive skill points, so you probably should have an even number of those. Your spells known you only get the extra 1st level ones from your starting Int score, favored class bonus and familiar gains aside.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

MilwaukeeJoe

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »
If you were using a class other than Witch, I'd advise downloading Hero Lab (www.wolflair.com/hero_lab) and use the demo to get your answers. Unfortunately, the witch class is only available through purchase. It's a great piece of software regardless, the official Pathfinder RPG character builder (I think).

MilwaukeeJoe