Author Topic: Incarnum balance issue - Not taking up magic item slots  (Read 3674 times)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Incarnum balance issue - Not taking up magic item slots
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
Incarnates get the ability to swap one, even if it is chakra bound, but they cannot chakra bind the swapped soulmeld, even if they normally could.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
I can't speak for the Incarnate, but for Binders it's not that simple. Short of having multiple vestige phylacteries, Expel Vestige is only once per day, and it has a chance of failure (not to mention that the -10 to your next pact almost assures you'll get a bad pact out of it). Unless you pump your binding check considerably, you'll have plenty of trouble with it.
Thats part of my point.  The generalist classes don't get an easy way to reset their stuff.  Letting one of them do it on the fly is really strong.

The last Binder I played started at a 16 Cha.  I think I failed on Expel Vestige about 1/3rd the time I tried it.  It definitely isn't reliable.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
Body Slot is taken by armor and magic robes.  It is also considered the Soul Chakra.

annoyingly a few sources list armor and robes as separate slots, though i'm going to go with the majority of references and say they're the same.

Note that soulmelds only block magic items, so mundane adamantine fullplate works fine.

Now if only warforged allowed you to wear robes so long as you didn't enchant your inherent armor.... but nooooo....
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.