Author Topic: Advice for Eberron player restrictions?  (Read 851 times)

Endless Twilight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Advice for Eberron player restrictions?
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
I'm planning on launching a new Eberron campaign soon, and if it matters, it's a Play by Post game, but I want to know if there are any particular restrictions I should impose on players for character applications. Now, in the initial game advertisement, it mentions that the Gatekeepers and Draconic Chamber have formed an alliance in response to a threat about the end of the world, and have sent out a call for adventurers. The campaign will revolve more around role-playing and intrigue rather than combat - preventing a civil war in Thrane, for one, and exploring the Mournland.

Now, what the players don't know is that at the very beginning, they'll learn that the Gatekeepers and Chamber were joined at the last second by an emissary of the Silver Flame and a representative of the Lord of Blades. They'll want to keep this very secret, the Silver Flame emissary in particular because the *church* has no idea there's anything going on - Jaela Daran alone knows, and sent a trusted agent in her stead.

And specifically, I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of that might screw up the general arrangement? I know better than to allow a gnome, much less one of House Sivis - I don't need a Machiavellian schemer - but are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of and bar from the beginning?