Author Topic: On the look out for brave adventurers...  (Read 28340 times)

Praef

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: On the look out for brave adventurers...
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »
Necklace of natural attacks. savage species. 600+enchantment bonus cost let's you enchant you natural attacks (and not just +X, weapon abilities too). Double the cost if it affects 2 different natural attacks, triple for 3, ect ect. With claw and slam it should work quite nicely.
So would it cost 10600 for a +1 enchantment to the four claw attacks and 1 slam, or just 4600?
any weapon special quality
How can you throw your claws?
Simple, add throwing and returning, and make sure you have regeneration.

I've always loved that those were the example enhancements.  I may have to do that later on for the giggles and shit.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »
I lied as well (though it would seem I'm not the first), one more question; is mystic fire knight variant from Champions of Valor allowed? I can't get it's effects for two levels, but I wanted to make sure in advance.

Also, love the irony of a character combining champs of valor material with champs of ruin.  :D

Also, no rush obviously, though I'd love it if in the course of our adventures, he acquires a not-+3 version of the firesouled template. Honestly, I never liked leadership, so if that's an option I'd love to talk about it.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »
ok I think me and my thrall are ready i think i will switch back packs when the campain starts feal free to double check the character sheets to see if i made and errors (still need fluff for both)

my character
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237966

my thrall LVL 5 warblade
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237967

something random

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
I rolled very badly for HP a total of 18 on 5d10 may I reroll? I will understand if you say no but If I don't ask then there is no possibility of you saying yes.
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
I rolled very badly for HP a total of 18 on 5d10
:twitch 5d10 averages 28.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
Aye, any particular reason for rolling HP? I'm a big fan of average.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
Rolls for HP ? i was useing full

Praef

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
All done.  Items are up, Arkforged is ready for adventure.  If there's anything I should change/ looks off, let me know.

something random

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
Juuuust realized I can't take Nymph's Kiss, since I have a devil-touched feat automatically cause of my race. Well, damn, guess I'll have to take a divine feat instead... or TWF/power attack or something...

Rolls for HP (full at first is a 6+con, so meh):
3d6+2d10: 11 vs average of 21.50

..... wow.....

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
Juuuust realized I can't take Nymph's Kiss, since I have a devil-touched feat automatically cause of my race.
While taking a devil-touched feat may be evil, due to it being a racial bonus feat it is most certainly now willingly. I see nothing that stops you from taking Nymph's kiss.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
Maybe so; if it's okay, I'll grab nymph's kiss, if not I'll just take TWFing.

By the by, I like bastard swords. Would this Sunsword (esentially a weaker sunblade, from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) be an allowed weapon?
[spoiler]Sun Sword (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, 3000 gp) The no-frills version of this weapon is a +1 bastard sword that can be wielded as a short sword, making it an excellent and affordable off-hand weapon.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »
You can reroll HP guys. You get full for first level, so...

MFK is allowed. I'll talk to you later about fire-souled.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »
ok I think me and my thrall are ready i think i will switch back packs when the campain starts feal free to double check the character sheets to see if i made and errors (still need fluff for both)
Your psions listed hp are +10, and there is a ACF for telepaths that trades the 5th level bonus feat for telepathy. When you have lots of minions, telepathy is really helpful for ordering them around. Telepathy is 5 ft./ML.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
Your psions listed hp are +10, and there is a ACF for telepaths that trades the 5th level bonus feat for telepathy. When you have lots of minions, telepathy is really helpful for ordering them around. Telepathy is 5 ft./ML.

you do realise the extra +10 to hp is from Psyic body feat +2 for each psyic feat (includeing psyic body )
my hp is at 6D4+6+10 = 39
the thrall is at  5D12+10 = 49
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:04:24 PM by Stormcrow »

something random

« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
If we have rolled twice for HP and rolled below average both time can we take average HP for our HD type?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »
you do realise the extra +10 to hp is from Psyic body feat +2 for each psyic feat (includeing psyic body )
So your total HP's are +10? I didn't say you had 10 hps too many, I said your hps are +10. Look at you sheet.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
Reroll: 23.

Muchos gracias! Much better, much better.

Danke Amechra, so how's about the sunsword? Just gotta buy items.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »
most of did not save o well as for the Psyic powers  mindlink is good for controling thralls

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »
Sure, grab the sunsword.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing