Author Topic: On the look out for brave adventurers...  (Read 28350 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: On the look out for brave adventurers...
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »
You can join if you want, you two.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
Well lets see never played a Psion so i think i will give the thrallherd class a go quick question the gear for Believers and thralls the gear is out of my pocket or just equipped with gear appropriate for level for now ?

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
Just to know, how many people are chipping in for that scroll? Just so we don't pay twice the price, would want to give nameless NPCs loads of money they can go spend on stupid things like food and water you know.

Also, if I have a called armor that I'm not wearing, and I then wildshape, can I use a standard action to equip that armour in my wildshape form?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:30:33 PM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Praef

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
Like I said, I'll chip in for the scroll, but Ark's illiterate, so someone else is going to have to read it...

Anyways, I've never been that good at choosing items, especially for something like this.  I like rods of rope and adamantium saws (just cuz), but what are some other things that would be useful?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
Anyways, I've never been that good at choosing items, especially for something like this.  I like rods of rope and adamantium saws (just cuz), but what are some other things that would be useful?
I was going to look at what you had and suggest some things, but your sheet is private.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
Like I said, I'll chip in for the scroll, but Ark's illiterate, so someone else is going to have to read it...

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0 <-- This will help you.

It's mr. Bunko's Emporium, it has loads of useful stuff.

Ring of Sustenance or Everlasting Rations are always nice.
So is the Fortifying Bedroll, and the Haversack. Also the Survival Pouch is very useful if you don't have a caster that can be your swiss army knife.
Tooth of Savnok is HUGE if you are wearing heavy armour, giving you no reduction to speed at all is kindda nice.
Also, Candle of Invocation is a VERY powerful item, summoning something as stupid as a Solar and actually commanding it is quite nice for 8400, it can cast true ressurection, or revivify + revenance combo, or just win any combat you want it to.
The Decanter of endless water also have endless uses, so does the immovable rod.
That's the Items I know that almost everyone can use, Oh and don't forget the 11 foot pole.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
work in progress (feel free for coments)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237966

have not started the thrall so far i am thinking either a warblade or crusader for the tanking.

quick Q

independent Research before the campain starts is alowed as a way to gain more powers just Subtract the XP right ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:51:39 AM by Stormcrow »

Praef

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2010, 04:28:47 AM »
Anyways, I've never been that good at choosing items, especially for something like this.  I like rods of rope and adamantium saws (just cuz), but what are some other things that would be useful?
I was going to look at what you had and suggest some things, but your sheet is private.

Sorry bout that.  I'll fix it.
edit: here you go
[spoiler]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237568[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:33:18 AM by Praef »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2010, 04:35:40 AM »
Sorry bout that.  I'll fix it.
Necklace of natural attacks. savage species. 600+enchantment bonus cost let's you enchant you natural attacks (and not just +X, weapon abilities too). Double the cost if it affects 2 different natural attacks, triple for 3, ect ect. With claw and slam it should work quite nicely.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Praef

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2010, 05:42:18 AM »
Sorry bout that.  I'll fix it.
Necklace of natural attacks. savage species. 600+enchantment bonus cost let's you enchant you natural attacks (and not just +X, weapon abilities too). Double the cost if it affects 2 different natural attacks, triple for 3, ect ect. With claw and slam it should work quite nicely.

So would it cost 10600 for a +1 enchantment to the four claw attacks and 1 slam, or just 4600?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2010, 06:48:12 AM »
My few questions before I say I'm done.

1) Is the Spellfire Wielder feat from Magic of Faerun available?

2) Is Champion of Ruin open, for the Hellbred race (which I always thought was more of a template) and the devil-touched feats granted by it?

3) Is Snowflake Wardance an available feat?

The rest is already agreed upon/put together. I just need to swap anything disallowed here, or get the okay and post the sheet.

something random

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »
I was originally thinking about play a totemest but I see that you already have one so I think I will play a VOP Soulborn. I'll get started creating it now.
4 questions
1)If I have the Shape Soulmeld feat could I as a 6th level Soulborn could I shape both the soulmeld I chose for the feat and a soulmeld that the class normally allows you to shape at the same time?
2)If I have the Shape Soulmeld feat and chose Incarnum Weapon when shaping the soulmeld as a LG charactercould I choose if it took the form of a warhammer or a longsword?
3)Would you allow me to take VOP without taking the scared vow prerequisite?
4)Do you require us to keep track of mundane ammunition?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:19:01 PM by something random »
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »
Flay, all of those are allowed.

something random,

1) Yep
2) Yeppers
3) Only if you aren't a sanctimonious jerk about having VoP.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

something random

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »
Repeating one of  my previous questions as I don't think you saw it do you require us to keep track of mundane ammunition?
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »

So would it cost 10600 for a +1 enchantment to the four claw attacks and 1 slam, or just 4600?
any weapon special quality
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Praef

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »

Right.  Thanks for that, but I think i'll actually stay away from it then, if it'll take up all my gold.  Though I might get it and just enchant the slam for now...

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »

How can you throw your claws?

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
How can you throw your claws?
Simple, add throwing and returning, and make sure you have regeneration.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

something random

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
Would you allow me to treat the Smite Opposition ability as Smite Evil for the purpose of qualifying for feats?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »
Sure, sr.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]