Author Topic: Help me build a Charisma based Fighter.  (Read 5352 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Help me build a Charisma based Fighter.
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »
I was looking through Crystalkeep's old Basic Classes pdf, and I noticed the Duelist ABC for Fighters. More specifically, their Denigrating Banter ability; basically, the ability let's you make an opposed Charisma check with an enemy, and if you succeed, they get a -(1+1 per 5 points you beat their charisma check by) penalty to their BAB.

I'm going to use e6 for my example, but feel free to make suggestions for a longer build.

So, I was thinking something along the lines of:

Half Fey Succubus Duelist 1/Marshal 1/Paladin 2 (Ranged Smite Variant)

Put as many points as you can into Charisma, with secondary focus on Dexterity and Constitution. Add in 2 flaws.

Feats:

1st: Beauty's Bounty
Flaw: Charming the Arrow
Flaw: Nymph Kissed (Of course)
Fighter: (Denigrating Banter)
3: Point Blank Shot
6: Rapid Shot

Let's assume I pb a 18 for Charisma. I actually would have a 29 Charisma, which is pretty hefty.

Motivate Charisma is my aura of choice.

So I have... Charisma to ranged attacks twice (which comes out to a +25 to hit with a ranged attack), Charisma Bonus to Damage rolls 12 times a day, some spell-like abilities, Charisma to saves, Charisma to 1st level HP, and here's the fun part: I get a +20 on my Charisma check to reduce my enemy's BAB.

Bye bye, iterative attacks.  :D

One final note about Denigrating Banter: the penalty it gives your enemy is actually capable of dropping them below the point where they qualify for feats and PrCs. Yep, you can effectively talk people out of their PrCs.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: Help me build a Charisma based Fighter.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:38:11 AM »
thats pretty freakin cool.

if it indeed works like you say.........
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 03:30:48 AM »
Isn't that the Fencer, not the Duelist?

Cause one of my favorite builds is a Rogue/Swashbuckler/Fencer.  Guess what he's good at? ;)
BG's other resident furry!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »
Yeah, your right.

For a moment there, I confused this with my desire for an actually competent Duelist.

Plus, DB actually reduces BAB by 2+(1/5 the amount you beat the check by), so it's even better than I originally said.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Praef

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
I forget what the feat was called, but there's one that forces anyone attacking you to make a will save versus your charisma to even think about attacking you.  Its like, your beauty blinds people.

symisin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
I was looking through Crystalkeep's old Basic Classes pdf, and I noticed the Duelist ABC for Fighters. More specifically, their Denigrating Banter ability; basically, the ability let's you make an opposed Charisma check with an enemy, and if you succeed, they get a -(1+1 per 5 points you beat their charisma check by) penalty to their BAB.

where did this ABC originally come from?

zaulsiin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »

where did this ABC originally come from?

Dragon mag #310, pg35.

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 12:51:04 AM »
One weak point would be the use of Beauty's Bounty. It's not worth it. Feats are precious.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking about not grabbing it; if I can find out what the hell Praef is talking about (feat-name-wise, I mean), I'll take that.

I've been informed that you can't not take the monster's Savage Progression class; so I need another high-charisma race to pick.

Hmmm... Would I be able to stack Unseelie Fey on top of Half-Fey?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 02:47:20 AM »
Toss in my favorite all time feat: Combat Panache from players handbook 2. Among its many benefits you can make them take a penalty to attacking you equal to your cha mod if you intimidate them

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:50:04 AM »
Heh. That's priceless.

"Your mother was a whore. And you smell bad."

<The guy was intimidated nad DBered, so he has a snowball's chance in hell of hitting me.>

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]