Author Topic: Mice in a Maze  (Read 61535 times)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Mice in a Maze
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Mice in a Maze
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »
Talking to himself but out loud,Holy shit what the hell did I drink last night?, begins looking around the room for an ugly woman. Well at least i didn't make that mistake again.. Bleary eyed Frank begins to look a bit closer at the other people in the room. Shit maybe I did make that mistake again.

Frank will walk over to [next person to post] and poke them a bit to wake them up. Hey, who are you? Do you have any idea what the hell happened last night?
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
"What da hell?  Who're you?  Where is dis?  Where's my bow?"

Terek begins looking around the room, at Frank and then the others.  He prods the person closest to him [next new person to post].

"Hey!  Wake up!  Wha's goin on?"
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
"A cube must have abducted me in my sleep!  Obviously my heavily-trained subconscious mind was able to break me free of its paralyzing grasp, and I escaped!"

Chauser lightly kicks the guy next to him

"Get up!  We have to restore the balance of the universe, also oozes to kill!"
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:58:58 PM »
Son of a.. I'm with a goblin and a crazy. I need a drink. reaches for where his flask normally is and begins to scowl as it isn't there. I'm gonna rip someone's tongue out through their ass if I don't get my liquor back.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
"Get up!  We have to restore the balance of the universe, also oozes to kill!"
"Balance?  Ooze?  Wat?"

Son of a.. I'm with a goblin and a crazy.
"Hey!  Don't lump me in wit da rest of dose gits!  I hate goblins as much as you!  Look at my skin!" (Terek has pale grey skin, as opposed to the normal yellow/orange of goblins, and bright blue eyes) "You tink goblins are known fer dere tolerance?"

"What's da last ting you guys remember?  I was sleepin in da woods, last I knew."
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 02:30:46 PM »
Your a goblin, deal with it. You may be different than the "gits", besides I don't hate goblins they are just a pain in the ass and can't brew for shit...ok maybe i do hate them.

Last think I remember I was drinking in a tavern and i would like to get back, i was about to get money off of some stupid human who wanted to see if he could out drink a dwarf.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
I was setting off on a mission of extermination!  Clearly my foes only wer feigning unintelligence, and attempted to stop my quest before it began!  They must be quivering in fear of me!

Chauser takes a look around (take 10:15), trying to find any irregularities in the cave like an exit.
Planetouched Handbook

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
Torches flare to life in scorns along the wall. The room is devoid of decoration, but its door is framed by heavy stone structures sculpted with runes in intriguing patterns. These intricate frames are beautifully crafted, in angelic depictions. The ceiling has a crack running through it, from which a large stalactite hangs from.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
Chauser grabs a torch and starts trying to read the runes.

I hope this isn't another one of those "speak, fiend, and enter" trick-puzzles.  Took us months to get Jeffery exorcised.

[spoiler]I can read common, Draconic, Dwarven, Celestial, Abyssal, and Infernal.[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »
Once the torchs light, Galon finally stirs
"Manticorebelt! wait...whats going on...?" He scans the immidiate area, his eyes finally settling on the goblin "who are you people?" He turns to the still sleeping people "and why is that guy drooling?"
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »
A pale man sits in a corner, a crystal with spidery legs perched on his shoulder.  He seems lost in thought.  As the torches light up, the crystal skitters to his other shoulder and he stirs.  He mutters softly, "Oh, they can see me now?  I should probably introduce myself then."

As he stands up, the crystal skitters to the ground and moves to each person in turn as if examining them.  It then returns to him, and he bows slightly at the group in general.  Eyes unfocused as if concentrating on something else he says,  "Greetings, I am Dalanath.  Where am I?"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 03:34:15 PM »
The runes have a familiar style to them, but they make no sense to you.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
"I'm Terek.  I don't know.  No one seems to."
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
"We're underground!  Deep in the furthest holes of the Otyugh Conspiracy!  These runes, runes that even I, Chauser Verde, have never seen the like of, only serve to confirm the fact!  Behold the oozing of the ceiling, and the filth that surrounds you.  I expect the dwarf's cunning abilities with stonework to bear witness to my assessment!  There's no other explanation than a subterranean imprisonment!"
Planetouched Handbook

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »
OOC: So how deep are we approximately?

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »
"Fuck, Chauser.  What happened to you when you were young?  I don't see any oozes.

Let's get outta here, den you can work on killin oozes."
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
"Imprisoned? I can't be imprisoned! I haven't even decapitated a manticore! How will I ever butcher random magical creatures in a prison!?!?!" He grabs the nearest person and starts shaking them violently.
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
Dalanath pipes up again.  "Excuse me, is there something wrong with you people?"  Not waiting for an answer, he goes to examine the runes.

[spoiler]
Any of my knowledges applicable?
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
Terek heads off away from the commotion and starts examining the walls for anything unusual.  He'd check the door, but he's unsure about his companion's mental health, so he's staying out of arm's reach from everyone.

[spoiler]Search (1d20=12)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:01:28 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]