Author Topic: Full BAB and Full Casting Prestige Classes  (Read 12735 times)

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
Full BAB and Full Casting Prestige Classes
« on: August 26, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »
Anyone know of them?

All I can think of are Sacred Fist (when text trumps table), Fochlucan Lyrist, and Abjurant Champion. Are there more?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Full BAB and Full Casting Prestige Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
Looking for casting improving prcs only, or are full bab prcs with their own spellcasting work as well?
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:07:28 PM »
Handbook
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0

... although having a more specific Gish concept helps out.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »
Thanks.

The idea was to make a character that had to split levels equally (within 3) between fighter-type and mage-type. Each class counts as only 1 type of the two, even if it may have full BAB and some casting. (You'd have to decide between one of the two types and stick to it).

This split makes being a gish ideal, so I was wondering if it was possible to make a divine gish with as much BAB and spellcasting as possible. Divine because they get armor without spell failure, and I prefer divine spellcasting over arcane [since you get to know all the spells automatically]. However, because I need to split levels almost evenly between fighter-type and mage-type, I'd need 2 prestige classes of full BAB and full casting in order to do best.

Sacred Fist and Fochlucan Lyrist don't work too well together for such a build, so I was looking for another prestige class. From the link, it seems that many of the classes are actually not in what I'd consider Core books, so that is unfortunate. I'd also not prefer to play an evil character, even if they do get all the good stuff. (Like Ur-priest. Ur-priest + Sacred Fist is tempting...)

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »
Who the hell cares about base attack bonus if you want to be a divine caster, and that for armor of all things?  Use cleric as your base casting class and either cast Divine Power as needed or persist it and cast it once a day.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
When your DM decides wants to have some parts of the game where all Spells, SLA's, and Su Abilities fail to work. (Hence the requirement of splitting caster and fighter-type level-ups.) I doubt I'd ever run a 3.5 game where casters aren't sometimes nerfed by the circumstances.

I already know most of the stunts you can pull off with the Big Five. While I doubt I'd end up playing a min-maxed character for the game, I just wanted to think of builds I could have made, in theory at least. We're starting at lvl 11, which means a split of 4/7 or 5/6 between casting and fighter-type classes.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 03:34:32 AM »
When your DM decides wants to have some parts of the game where all Spells, SLA's, and Su Abilities fail to work. (Hence the requirement of splitting caster and fighter-type level-ups.) I doubt I'd ever run a 3.5 game where casters aren't sometimes nerfed by the circumstances.

I already know most of the stunts you can pull off with the Big Five. While I doubt I'd end up playing a min-maxed character for the game, I just wanted to think of builds I could have made, in theory at least. We're starting at lvl 11, which means a split of 4/7 or 5/6 between casting and fighter-type classes.

Awww, that rules out Fighter6 (Armored Mage and Dungeoncrasher)/Wizard1/Abjurant Champion5, Eldritch Knight8.  Ends with 7th level spells max, and 19 BAB/CL.  Drat.

Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Sounds like an usual houserule thingy going on.

Fighter 1 / Sorc 6 / Eldritch Knight 10 / X x
is kinda a baseline core Arcane Gish.

Cleric or Druid 20 is a baseline Divine Gish.