Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 126820 times)

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:39 AM »

So, mithral chainmail (4,150) with +6 worth of enhancements (36,000), the benefit of a belt of giant's strength +4 (16,000), and the benefits of boots of striding and springing (5,500) minus the +5 to jump (2,500).  If you figure double cost on the strength and speed boosts for the combination of uncustomary space limitation and multiple different abilities, that would be around 78,150 gp.  Personally though, I'd go with a belt of giant's strength and boots of speed, or at least put the same benefits on the appropriate body slot. 

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2010, 04:19:11 AM »

So, mithral chainmail (4,150) with +6 worth of enhancements (36,000), the benefit of a belt of giant's strength +4 (16,000), and the benefits of boots of striding and springing (5,500) minus the +5 to jump (2,500).  If you figure double cost on the strength and speed boosts for the combination of uncustomary space limitation and multiple different abilities, that would be around 78,150 gp.  Personally though, I'd go with a belt of giant's strength and boots of speed, or at least put the same benefits on the appropriate body slot.
Well see here's the thing. What you just did made it 78150. The selling price is 85,300. Where's the extra money come in?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2010, 04:25:26 AM »

Well see here's the thing. What you just did made it 78150. The selling price is 85,300. Where's the extra money come in?
Shipping and Handling.  Also, slot consolidation surcharge.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:28 AM »
Q60: In ToB, it takes a swift action to activate or switch stances.  Are you allowed to stay in stances indefinitely out of combat?  I'd assume not when you're sleeping, but take Hunter's Sense, for instance: can you have scent up pretty much all the time?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2010, 09:30:13 AM »
Q60: In ToB, it takes a swift action to activate or switch stances.  Are you allowed to stay in stances indefinitely out of combat?  I'd assume not when you're sleeping, but take Hunter's Sense, for instance: can you have scent up pretty much all the time?
A 60

Yes.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
A 60

Yes.
in fact, it directly states that.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
Q61: Do questions have to be about DND?

Q62: How do I get a display picture again?

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »
You can't be in light armour and no armour at the same time anyway.  :eh
Well, I think there are a few light armors that, with enhancements, can count as being unarmored or something along those lines.
If you find such a thing, be sure to let me know because that would be awesome. No more having to pay for bracers of armor.

Don't pay for bracers of armor until very high levels.  Up until then just get a wand of Mage Armor and loan it to the mage each day to cast on you.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
Q61: Do questions have to be about DND?

Q62: How do I get a display picture again?
A61: Typically, but there is a precedence for not. If it's a question regarding RL, there's a thread in off-topic about that.

A62: Profile -> Forum Profile -> Add image.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Felix Underwood

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »
Q51 I need to make some kind of healer character, I am bored with all of the ideas I can come up with. What are some fun ideas for a healer that are unusual, amusing, or just uncommon. Needs to be something that becomes useful faster than Rainbow Servant and that's too overdone.

Lightning based DFA with a party of mechantrixes.
Dread necromancer in a party of undead.
Master Brewer in a party of poison-healing dwarves.

Dread necromancer with shape soulmeld: lightning gauntlets, poison healer, and ten ranks in profession(brewer).

Those mostly rely on me being able to control what other people will play as, which is unpossible.
A single healer could be one of the above.. but with the feat Shape Soulmeld (lifebond vestments).  Add in the feat Bonus Essentia for more healing.  Instead of investing in feats, you could take a one level dip into Incarnate.

You heal the party with Lifebond Vestments (which hurts you), then use the infinite healing tricks above to heal yourself.  The downside is the healing from Lifebond Vestments is pretty low (better for outside of combat healing).

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
You can't be in light armour and no armour at the same time anyway.  :eh
Well, I think there are a few light armors that, with enhancements, can count as being unarmored or something along those lines.
If you find such a thing, be sure to let me know because that would be awesome. No more having to pay for bracers of armor.

Don't pay for bracers of armor until very high levels.  Up until then just get a wand of Mage Armor and loan it to the mage each day to cast on you.

Can't you get (greater?) Luminous Armor in a Schema?

Also, with regards to the previous post, at high level (16), incarnates don't need some other trick to heal themselves.

Level 16 incarnate?  awesome.  You get the heart bind.  Make it Lifebond Vestments.

Now take that Faerunian regional feat that at first level lets you cast two cantrips.  Then take practiced spellcaster, obtain familiar, and share soulmeld.  You and your familiar can now infinitely heal each other, taking half damage of what you healed.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Felix Underwood

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »
Also, with regards to the previous post, at high level (16), incarnates don't need some other trick to heal themselves.
Yeah, but that comes with a pretty big drawback... you have to be an Incarnate for 16 levels!   :D

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
Yeah, but that comes with a pretty big drawback... you have to be an Incarnate for 16 levels!   :D

Incarnates work all the way to level 20.  They may not be as good as casters, but they can still contribute.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
Q63
Is there a collection of average AC by CR?
I could help power attackers a lot  :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:15:34 PM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:10 PM »
Q 64 What are all of the classes that can get haste in some way, shape, or form to qualify becoming a Swiftblade?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »
All arcane classes.

They can just take Arcane Disciple (Time) or Arcane Disciple (Celerity).

Divine Classes can just splash a level of Contemplative to grab one of those same domains, but really, Swiftblade doesn't advance divine casting, so...

On a more serious note: Wiz/Sor/bard gets it as a 3rd level spell, Combat Trapsmith gets it as a first level spell. SotAO Paladins or rangers can get it as a third, as well.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »
Q 64 What are all of the classes that can get haste in some way, shape, or form to qualify becoming a Swiftblade?
Beguiler, Bard, Shugenja, Sorc/Wiz, Wu Jen get it regularly. Time and Celerity domains grant it (Arcane Disciple can get anyone in on the fun). Warmages can get it via Eclectic Learning (PHBII variant). If you're planning on using a divine class, you'll need Alternative Source Spell (or some other method; I like this one best).

...ninja'd.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
Q 65: Does anyone have the JPM Gish build that used Sublime Chord and Mindbender while keeping 16 BAB?  There was the King of Combustion (Wiz 6/Ruathar 3/Warblade 1/JPM 10) and then this one, that I can't for the life of me replicate  :banghead

Q 66: Does Cha have the same support Wis does for stat-boosting?  I can get somewhere between 60 and 70 Cha without really heavy CL shenanigans on a Wis based character fairly easily, but don't know how high Cha can be pushed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:13:32 PM by KellKheraptis »
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
Q 66: Does Cha have the same support Wis does for stat-boosting?  I can get somewhere between 60 and 70 Cha without really heavy CL shenanigans on a Wis based character fairly easily, but don't know how high Cha can be pushed.
There's no Owl's Insight equivalence for Cha.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
The advantage of owl's insight is a bit of an issue.  OTOH, it's a little easier to boost cha with low LA, and you can do a lot more with a high charisma in terms of saves, ac, skills, et cetera.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.