Author Topic: What sort of action should a full attack require?  (Read 3925 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: What sort of action should a full attack require?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 04:36:44 AM »
It's an issue of the concepts being fundamentally different.

Compared to the fighter archetype, the wizard archetype is on a completely different level.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:01:02 AM »
Yes, but at the least, he should be able to do his basic job without assistance of the wizard. And that gets increasingly unlikely at higher levels, especially when basic feats of athleticism and mobility are outclassed by the spellcasters with ease. So, let them be more competent at their speciality skills than spellcasters, if the skills are rarely in demand, or equal if the skills show up often(since magic boosts cost slots that can't be expended every time the skill is needed, or you'd run dry soon enough).
Let them keep up in terms of mobility(flight, instant movement, etc) so they can bring their close ranged combat skills to bear.

One of the crude ways of doing it I think, was to simply give martial characters access to better equipment than spellcasters, or allow them to spend their wealth more efficiently. Mage Armor, Greater Resistance, Magic Vestment, Greater Magic Weapon, all these provide a big chunk of some of the largest proportions of the wealth tax they pay to keep up in close combat. Give martial characters the basic stat boosting array built right into them and they can then blow their cash on the utility items that they need and that the casters normally need buy nothing but.
The key is really magical weapons. They usually take up a good quarter of a warrior's wealth, more if they are TWFers, give the enhancement for free and that cash goes a long way in staying versatile.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
Fighter fix(part 1): Virtual enchancements for weapons. Stack the soulblade weapon enhancement abilities but on any weapon in addition to the normal weapon qualities. They know how to use weapons so well it's like magic!
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 05:25:42 AM »
^^
That alone would make TWF and throwers much much easier to use at a stroke yes
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."