Author Topic: [3.5] The Bloodstones  (Read 1365 times)

Learn2Roll

• Monkey bussiness
[3.5] The Bloodstones
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
Well to put it simply, I always enjoyed the infinity gems, if you are not in the known of them: here's some details but basically the idea is, my players will start from level 1 and they would have those bloodstones in their bodies, guess imagine some kind of runes if you are familiar with suikoden or materias.

So obviously the idea is, those gems will progress in power. I was thinking of making an increase every 4 levels but that's where I have some difficulties. I can easily come up with the last power of the bloodstone but need something to make them feel more unique and special while having progress with the players. I considered also a progression from level 1 to 20 which means, players and npcs would still get powers depending on their HD total.

The Chronos Bloodstone: The bloodstone of time is an artifact granting the ability to control the flow of time. Examples: obviously haste, time stop etc...

Space Bloodstone: This bloodstone is said to allow his user to be anywhere in an instant. Mastery of the stone would allow the user to warp or rearrange space as they see fit. examples: Teleport, telekinesis etc...

Mind Bloodstone: It encompasses the collective consciousness of the psionic planes. It can unlock and increases the psionic telepathic powers of one individual. examples: Telepathy descriptor powers and giving power points to the individual.

Reality Bloodstone: They say perception is reality. This is exactly what this gem does alter reality for his user. Examples: Wish and conjuration spells in general, probably Polymorph Any Object.

The Power Bloodstone: Control every forms of energy and make the user more powerful. Examples: Tenser Transformation, Bull's strength, cat's grace, evocation spells etc...

The Soul Bloodstone: Trap, control and bind souls. examples: Magic jar, Soul Bind etc...

So any suggestion is welcome.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:29:09 AM by Learn2Roll »

Learn2Roll

• Monkey bussiness
Re: [3.5] The Bloodstones
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »
Domains and mantles, sound like a good idea, I'll look them up.