Author Topic: Campaign Thread A New Hope for an old story  (Read 17617 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Campaign Thread A New Hope for an old story
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2010, 03:47:25 AM »
"How ominous. Well, shall we find out what's going on in there?"  Dez seems eager to find a solution to the task at hand, concentrating on her surroundings.

[spoiler]Perception, to see/hear better, and Psychology to see if I understand the tone/meaning of the song:
1d20(18)+12=30
1d20(13)+12=25
[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2010, 03:53:26 AM »
"How ominous. Well, shall we find out what's going on in there?"  Dez seems eager to find a solution to the task at hand, concentrating on her surroundings.

[spoiler]Perception, to see/hear better, and Psychology to see if I understand the tone/meaning of the song:
1d20(18)+12=30
1d20(13)+12=25
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]you hear that the singing is coming from a small hut near the edge of the village and for the psychology you notice the person seems to be all alone[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2010, 01:20:22 AM »
[spoiler]How far away is this hut? In fact, how far from the actual village are we? Can you describe things a little better?[/spoiler]

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »
[spoiler]Seconding the call for a more specific description.[/spoiler]

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »
[spoiler]Need better description pls[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »
Yout stand in front of the main hut of the village which is in fact is really large so it will take a while to search the entire village the singing is coming from a hut a 20 yards no the nourth east you notice that some buildings have been burned and their are blood stains everywhere except no bodies. The forest to the north is imposing and dark
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2010, 08:34:12 AM »
Akashiel, mounted upon her new ride, gives the village a quick aerial once over to get a feel for the situation on the ground before stooping to land at the singing hut.

OOC: Aerial flyover to scout.
Anything of interest?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

konner09

• Email
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2010, 03:44:35 AM »
Akashiel, mounted upon her new ride, gives the village a quick aerial once over to get a feel for the situation on the ground before stooping to land at the singing hut.

OOC: Aerial flyover to scout.
Anything of interest?
you see a lot of burned down houses but nothing new

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »
The dragon sits down as Akashiel knocks on the door of the singing hut.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »
"Be careful, Akashiel. Whoever is in there may be a survivor, or they could be a part of whatever did this to the village. We don't want to walk into a trap, though we do need to investigate."

Dez hops down off her ride and follows Akashiel. She then casts Detect Magic, focused on the hut of the singer.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
venn
[spoiler]You detect magic spell gets some faint traces remating from the hut[/spoiler]

The door creaks open and you hear the singing still you see blood marks on the floor

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »
... Is anyone inside?

konner09

• Email
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
You hear the faint singing still coming from the darkness
repeating the same two lines

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »
You hear the faint singing still coming from the darkness
repeating the same two lines
[spoiler]Well, I've got darkvision from See the Unseen. Do I see whoever/whatever is in there?[/spoiler]

konner09

• Email
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »
You see a littl e girl sitting upon a pile of bodies singing with a bloody knife in one hand she turns her head and cocks it to the side "Are you here to play?" she says demonicoly

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2010, 01:01:58 AM »
"One moment." Dez blinks a couple times, then slowly closes the door and looks at her companions.

"Ok, any ideas? Because that little girl is not alright."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:28:38 AM by VennDygrem »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2010, 01:56:24 AM »
ONE nods at Ragna as the latter takes a look at the girl.

[spoiler]Detect Evil[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2010, 04:18:32 AM »
ONE nods at Ragna as the latter takes a look at the girl.

[spoiler]Detect Evil[/spoiler]
shes clean

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2010, 05:06:46 AM »
"Lord Commander, she's fine to my senses." reports the paladin-forged.

ONE turns to the others. "Ragna has special senses...and nothing registers on the girl. Something else is afoot."
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
[spoiler]Since I don't believe we all got a chance to look...[/spoiler]

"Nothing registers? So... she's not the one who trashed the village? Great, why are we worried about her. Do you want me to go talk to the girl?" She said it with a bit of a teasing tone; though she had no knowledge of the issues, nor a way of detecting the issue, she trusted that her new compatriots could deal with issues. If the little girl was an honest threat, she'd trust them.