Author Topic: Hey guys, yet another Fear the Unknown!  (Read 12812 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Hey guys, yet another Fear the Unknown!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
GAH!

Could everyone please raise a virtual hand if they are playing in mine?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 03:21:32 AM »
*Raises eight virtual legs*
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 05:03:38 AM »
"Officially", I'm still in the other one. If that one has four people though, I'm here.

Wow, this is gettng hard to even sort through the people, haha. Nice job M_S

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 07:23:48 AM »
*raises shiny hand*

BTW, if you guys have the time, I ask for some help into picking the last feats for my character?

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 08:50:02 AM »
Risada: everyone ever should take Improved Initiative.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »
If there are open spots I'd love to play!

So that would be a raised hand I presume.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:22 AM »
*Raises hand to confirm from initial posting that I'm in the game*

... and looking forward to it.  Also very much looking forward to the extra creativity regarding contributions beyond my character :)

EDIT: to specify this is for the Amechra game.
EDIT EDIT: also Amechra, sending you a PM about some character possibilities.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:57:08 AM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »
Copypastaing the stuff from the other thread

[spoiler]A glowing hexagon faces The Lady in Green, observing facelessly, emotionlessly, intently.  Every force she has raised has been destroyed.  Every land once hers has faded.  Her last champion, a lowly adept, has now fallen.  The Great Game gods play with the lives of mortals is at an end - she has no pieces left.

She searches through the box elegantly - desperately - but cannot find anyone or anything of use.  All her favors were called in years ago, and all she now possesses is debt and obligation.  There is only despair left beneath her once-beautiful face.

She faces her fate, preparing to forfeit, when The One Who Wasn't There interrupted the game with silence.  She seizes upon the advice even as her opponent removes the intruder.  She snaps a decoration off the destroyed champion.

"No... I have one piece left.  The hermit of the lone hill had a familar!"

And with that, she poured the dregs of her divine energy through the connection, reaching out past the corpse of her adept into his faithful companion.

"A spider?  Desperation ill befits you.  Scrabbling at the inevitable is a futile pursuit."

Character:
Hairy Spider Cleric 5/Verminlord (BoVD)5 with rebuke spiders, spontaneous domain and divine magician ACFs.  If possible, I'd like to use a custom domain, since my character gains no skills or feats from levels due to [mindless]ness.

Picking the Protectorate pantheon, if possible.

The Ordnung
[spoiler]A crystalline plague that rejects all order but its own.  The only goal it has is to impose its pattern upon all creation.  Slowly and methodically challenging the gods, it singles them out one at a time, focusing exclusively upon destroying their followers and every memory of them, then claiming the empty divine realm for its own.  Whether or not it can even understand three dimensional space is questionable - it's servitors manifest primarily as a crawling tessellation of hexagons across a surface.  It finds the concept of time largely meaningless, but has obscure and difficult to define limitations.

Typical servitors form as a hexagonal tiling that appears on a smooth, flat surface.  They shoot lightning bolts perpendicular from the surface, and can only be damaged by rendering the wall/ceiling/floor/whatever unusuable.

It's symbol is something like this
[/spoiler]

Anyway, here's the original Iconic Manifestation (from CC)
[spoiler]ICONIC MANIFESTATION
Transmutation [Chaotic, Evil, Good, or Lawful]
Level: Druid 4
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 minutes/level, then 1 minute/level (D); see text
Your mind opens to an awareness of a new, spiritual world beyond the natural realm. Its energies flow into you even as the spirits of the beasts and the trees always have.
The descriptor of this spell matches the non-neutral component of your own alignment. For instance, if you are lawful neutral, you cast iconic manifestation as a lawful spell. If you are neutral, you cannot cast it at all.
Once you cast the spell, you have up to 10 minutes per caster level to invoke its power before it is spent. At any point during this period, you can choose to spend one daily use of your wild shape ability to take on aspects of your non-neutral alignment. You temporarily acquire the celestial template (MM 31) if you are good, the fiendish template (MM 107 ) if you are evil, the anarchic template (Manual of the Planes 198) if you are chaotic, or the axiomatic template (Manual of the Planes 197) if you are lawful.
Once invoked, this transformation lasts 1 minute per caster level. You can still use your wild shape ability to take on other forms without negating this spell. [/spoiler]

Would it be possible to adapt it to cleric casting by requiring a daily use of rebuke vermin instead of wildshape?

If that's OK, can I propose this custom domain for The Lady in Green?  The idea is to have a goddess of decay and renewal - someone has to rule over the detritivores, even if they are a bit dirty.
[spoiler]Vermin Domain
Granted Power: Gain Verminfriend as a bonus feat (BoVD: (vermin must make a DC 20 cha check to attack you).)
Spells:
1: Summon fey (kingdoms of Kalamar player's guide 188)
2: Summon Swarm
3: Infestation of Maggots (Complete Divine 166)
4: Iconic Manifestation (cleric variant as described above)
5: Slime Hurl (CoR 35)
6: Enveloping Cocoon (CD 164)
7: Control Weather (not too fixed on this one)
8: Red Tide (Stormwrack 120)
9: Spider Shapes (FRCS 74).[/spoiler] [/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »
TML, you get protectorate, just because I really want to see a mindless cleric...

TML, Risada, Hallack, fight amongst yourselves to see who does what.

Mixster, join right on in.

So we have, tentatively at least,

TML as Protectorate
Risada as Eberron
Hallack as ?
Mixster as ?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »
Guys, can anyone provide me with a source on Apprentice and Mentor feats?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
DMGII.  They have their own section.

EDIT: Just double checking here - 2hd spider swarm for my up-to-4-hd vermin companion is OK, right?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:05:10 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
Erm... I'm just remembering that I wont be able to reach a computer from the 20th august to the 29th of august. Will this be a problem? I can make all the things before and throw it up, but I wont be able to start before the end of this month.

Anyway, I think I'll grab Faerun.

Oh and by the way, what power level do you want?

Oh, and by the way, do you allow these:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cleric_%28Samaries_Substitution_Level%29

Not the race, just the substituion levels, the second one with the supreme authority and casting of cha works wonders for the character I have in mind.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:00:21 AM by Mixster »

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:05 AM »
Yo Amechra, if you and konner reach some sort of understanding and weave in a crossover fight somewhere in the plot. I'd like to express my interest :D :D
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
Okay, I'm putting together a half-elf (Yeah, that's right, I said it.. er typed it  :D) Swiftblade.  

Okay Mixters got FR so I got Greyhawk

Diety: Cyndor, God of Time, Infinity, Continuity   
[spoiler]LN
Domains: Fate, Law, Planning, Protection, Time, Travel\

Cyndor directs a small group of mortal chronomancers known as the Guardians of Infinity. Their duty is to defend Oerth's timestreams from interference or damage by outside forces. Cyndor is also served by temporal dogs, time dimensionals, and more exotic beings.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:43:19 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »

Not the race, just the substituion levels, the second one with the supreme authority and casting of cha works wonders for the character I have in mind.

There's a feat in one of the Dragonlance books that allows clerics to use Cha as their casting stat.
Of course, the Tome of Prowess was built assuming Clerics using Cha as their casting stat as an alteration to the rules, so maybe Amechra will let you use that alternate rule without wasting a feat.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »

There's a feat in one of the Dragonlance books that allows clerics to use Cha as their casting stat.
Of course, the Tome of Prowess was built assuming Clerics using Cha as their casting stat as an alteration to the rules, so maybe Amechra will let you use that alternate rule without wasting a feat.

Yeah I found that as well.
But well, I hope I can get casting off cha. That would reduce MAD of my Human Cleric of Corellon, yes you read that right. It's a human worshipping Corellon.

But with that +4 Enhancement bonus to all stats, it doesn't matter that much, I'll just be getting a lot fewer bonus spells.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 01:05:42 PM »
Yo Amechra, if you and konner reach some sort of understanding and weave in a crossover fight somewhere in the plot. I'd like to express my interest :D :D
If you weave in Sinister's game as well, I'm so in. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
Amechra, small question: would you allow me to use a Scythe (or any axe/spear) as the Sovereign Host's Preferred Weapon for the purposes of War Domain's Weapon Focus? Just got a slightly evil idea to play with  :smirk

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 01:31:33 PM »
If you weave in Sinister's game as well, I'm so in. :D
Dude we've reached an understanding :D
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.