Author Topic: Fear the Unkown 2 3.5 edition roleplay created by Mister_sinister  (Read 17292 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Fear the Unkown 2 3.5 edition roleplay created by Mister_sinister
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
Oh dammit, you caught me. Sorta. Though having tentacles as my best and spontaneous attack spell was not entirely intentional. I just grabbed the domains that offered some kind of rebuking, preferably broad, and the picked out the ones with good attack spells to make spontaneous.

The robes are actually the glamered breastplate, and look like them Taoist ritual robes, I thought the combination was funny.

I have to check though, the Master feat grants a whole cohort to mess with right? Just wanted to double check on the cohort's equipment loadout.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
No, not every loli is designed to be lusted after, but they are then designed as a figure for the otaku to feel protective of, to be a "white knight" for, or an "older brother" which is in itself a sort of fetish, nonsexual. These characters are overprevalent in anime, and that is the thing I hate secondmost about anime these days. The first is just how restricted most anime is to japanese culture. Even anime/manga set in a western setting is drenched in japanese ideals and cultural norms, because it is meant to appeal to a japanese fanbase. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, or that other cultures don't do the same thing with their works, but I just don't care for it. I also find that work coming out of other, western cultures is more internationally accessible, but that's just me.

And I really don't care what the age of consent in Japan is. A 30-odd year old man lusting after a 13 year old is wrong in any country.

To me, there is no dichotomy in a child wielding some kind of huge weapon or whatnot, because such media is saturated with those types of characters now (eastern and western, though moreso eastern- see Hit Girl from the comic/movie Kick-Ass). It's not surprising nor shocking, and just doesn't seem special to me. It's gotten tired for me.

@veekie
I don't think the cohort granted by the Mentor feat is really meant to follow you around. I'm not really sure what level it would be or anything.

I guess reading further, an Apprentice doesn't follow you around, but once they in turn graduate apprenticeship, they may follow the mentor as a cohort, so I guess there's that.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:17:30 PM by VennDygrem »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
Veekie, where are you getting a +6 shield bonus to AC from? A Heavy shield is only +2 to AC.
The +4 enhancement is a one-time just to AC, not to every piece of one's armor. Otherwise we'd all be wearing +4 armor with +4 shield, +4 chahar-aina and +4 dastana.

also, how is Nick's cohort level 8, when it starts at level 1 at his PC's level 5? Any cohorts should be at ECL 5 from the Mentor feat.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:32:39 PM by VennDygrem »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »
I think he bought one the usual way with Leadership, I'll fix the shield in the next pasting(probably once I settle my spells and see if I can tie one up enhancing the shield). The Mentor cohort actually doesn't specify what happens if you begin play with it though, other than mentioning it's handled as per the Leadership Cohort.
Presumably tagging along on a higher level party means you either power up or die.

Opinions on the Phenomenons?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
I think he bought one the usual way with Leadership
Feats: Adamantine Body, Apprentice (close wounds) (b), Awesome Smite, Combat Expertise (b), Destruction Devotion, Diehard (b), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (armblade) (b), Improved Inititative (b), Mentor (b), Power Attack (b), Protection Devotion, Weapon Focus (armblade) (b), Weapon Specialization (armblade) (b)

Didn't see Leadership on there, that's why I asked.

Sorry to be such an ass today, everyone. Been going through a bunch of stuff lately; I didn't mean to take it out on you guys.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
No problem, besides, spotting all the holes all over the place saves me work.

Though I must say I object to grouping otaku under one banner when you have at least three right in this thread :P
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
Though I must say I object to grouping otaku under one banner when you have at least three right in this thread :P
Well, at least he didn't call us weeaboos (though I think the term would only truly apply to me). :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
Well, at least he didn't call us weeaboos (though I think the term would only truly apply to me). :P
Asians can't be weeaboo!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »
Asians can't be weeaboo!
Yeah, hence the side note in parantheses.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »
As a side note, the Ley Lines stuff I linked in the phenomenons was fun to come up with wayyyy back then. The concept was right there waiting in the fiction and mechanics already.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »
coolio guys
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Wow, I saw some epic rage about loli over here. That's what happens when I'm too busy to log in!

Anyways, on cohorts, I believe I posted this earlier: stuff.

As for a crossover between the spinoffs and the original, I am 100% for it.

On Mentor: I had originally stated that your mentee is a noob. This means he or she is about 1st or 2nd level as of now. If you want a cohort, take Leadership instead.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:47:03 PM by Mister_Sinister »

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
That was easy.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

konner09

• Email
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »
I sent a PM to the other guy talking abou a cross over and Nick are you in this One or the Other
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2010, 10:59:32 PM »
I sent a PM to the other guy talking abou a cross over and Nick are you in this One or the Other

I'm in yours, his, and Sinister's.

Doubt not my abilities to be in 3 games at once!
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
Wow, I saw some epic rage about loli over here. That's what happens when I'm too busy to log in!

Anyways, on cohorts, I believe I posted this earlier: stuff.

As for a crossover between the spinoffs and the original, I am 100% for it.

On Mentor: I had originally stated that your mentee is a noob. This means he or she is about 1st or 2nd level as of now. If you want a cohort, take Leadership instead.

Ok, I see, so we're not going by the book. Thanks.
I don't want to have to keep track of another character here as well. :)

konner09

• Email
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »

I'm in yours, his, and Sinister's.

Doubt not my abilities to be in 3 games at once!
omg my mind has exploded

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2010, 11:53:38 PM »
Jeez dude relax and concentrate on running your game and working the crossover in.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

konner09

• Email
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2010, 12:52:26 AM »
Jeez dude relax and concentrate on running your game and working the crossover in.
Yeah i know iwas just making a joke

konner09

• Email
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »
okay so the players are Veekie, Mister_sinister, Venndyagram, nick and agita am i right