Author Topic: Awesome Tripping Combo  (Read 7104 times)

Black Knight

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Awesome Tripping Combo
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it

So does anyone have any ideas of another way you would 'drop' someone other than reducing their hit points below 0 or killing them?

There has to be at least 1 other way, otherwise they wouldn't have used the word, typically.
If you are an ethical person, you do the right thing even when no one is watching...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »
Nonlethal damage.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 01:44:59 AM »
I'd like to add my two cents without having read the discussion.  We're talking about a "Melee" type trying to get a "free" attack by taking advantage of the ambiguous term "dropping" an opponent.  

I'd like to say that, as a DM, I don't think I'd care all that much as long as the Cleave attack was on someone other than the target tripped.  My reason for thinking that is, quite frankly, Cleave sucks.

Let's look at the feat "Curling Wave Strike" from Stormreach.  It allows you to make a second cleave trip attempt.  Isn't that quite like how cleave would work in this instance?  Instead of making a cleave attack you make a second trip attack.  

House ruling it, I'd say Cleave would work quite like Curling Wave Strike.  

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:02 AM »
typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it

So does anyone have any ideas of another way you would 'drop' someone other than reducing their hit points below 0 or killing them?

There has to be at least 1 other way, otherwise they wouldn't have used the word, typically.

This.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:27 AM »
Nonlethal damage.

Also a Spell Storing weapon loaded with any spell that renders the target unconscious. A Prismatic Burst weapon has a chance of turning its target to stone on a crit, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as "dropped".