Author Topic: help me finish this build  (Read 1200 times)

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
help me finish this build
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:26 AM »
here's a build i made for an evil campaign designed to help empower the party necromancer (wiz/urpriest/mystic theurg) - i threw it together today at work so im sure theres room for improvement

Aasimar (buyoff for the LA) Bard 1/Marshal 2/Warblade 2/Dirgesinger 5/Suel Archanamec 2/Jade Phoenix Mage 8

Feats: combat casting, iron will, skill focus diplomacy (free), force of personality, song of the white raven, requiem, undead leadership (not in that order), ???

Stats:
(32 point buy)
STR: 14 +4 tome +6 belt = 24
Dex: 10 +6 gloves = 16
Con: 10
Int: 14
Wis: 8 +2 racial = 10
Cha: 18 +2 racial +5 level +5 tome +6 cloak = 36

AC 29 = 10 + 9 (+5 mithral midnight chain) + 7 shield (+5 mithral animated arrow deflection heavy shield) +3 dex
  -- uncanny

fort 13 = base 13

reflex 13 = base 8 +3 dex +2  +2 insight (from int)

will 16 = 14 base +2 iron will
       +13 more against mind affecting
  +2 in white raven stance

+2 more against death/fear effects

BAB 15/10/5

+5 adamantine greatsword (wounding keen spellstoring)
+1 marshal aura
+7 str
+1 inspire courage

full attack:
+29/+24/+19 

damage 2d6+15 (+1 inspire courage)

attacks enhanceable by burning archanamech caster slots (which you have tons of b/c of the high cha)

all FLANKING allies gain an additional +13 damage to EACH ATTACK

bardic music 6x a day (bard + warblade + dirgesong)
   countersong
   fascinate
   inspire courage
   song of sorrow
   song of bolstering
   song of grief
   song of horror
   song of awakening

free empowered/quickened spells whenever yuo succeed martial strike

the key here is to maximize your flanking damage by attracting a necropolitan thrikreen beefed up on multiweapon feats and if possible using dirgesong to help as well

as long as your cohort is flanking at level 17 (with full bab progression) he'll be attacking 16 times around w/ bonuses higher than yours...each of these attacks doing +13 damage - thats 208 damage a turn from the flank bonus alone!

if your dm allows it, you could use gentle repose to store maralith corpses and use dirgesong to activate this, and use it for more flank damage. you can't use spells with this active, but you can expend spell slots to power your firebird stance and arcane wrath.

If you continue to epic levels you get an awesome "im exploding now see you next week" ability as well :p

the character also makes a formidable diplomacer with good access to social skills, lots of skill points, and high charisma
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:16:16 AM by saethone »

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: help me finish this build
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:44 AM »
also taking suggestions on the cohort :p

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:52:03 AM »
I assume you're using lesser aasimar to dodge the LA, right?

As is you're a little low on anything other than bardic music.  Not sure what you're bringing to the table qualitatively that the ur-mancer isn't.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:03:31 AM »
would it be better to drop the arcane casting and focus on war blade instead do you think? although that wouldn't be too great w/ the focus on charisma...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:06:04 AM by saethone »

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »
This build goes all over the place.  What role are you trying to fill?  pick one and stick to it.

Song of white raven does nothing for you except let you start bardic music as a swift action.  You're better off just buying a custom use activated masterwork instrument of harmonize (16,100gp) if you want more than 1 bardic music per round.

Also, there's also a stance that gives 1/2 IL to flank attacks.  That could get you another +5-8 on attacks on flanked foes.

Does Suel actually give you anything that good?  It's pretty short on spell slots IIRC.

Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.