Author Topic: Favorite Dice Rolling Programs  (Read 1137 times)

dirkformica

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Favorite Dice Rolling Programs
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
I have shifted over to using a Windows based laptop for all my gaming book needs.  I'm trying to find a few good dice rolling programs.  There seem to be tons, but screenshots don't tell the whole story (although some look like they do, and their story is terrible.) 

Anyone have experience with some and have links?  I'd prefer something simple that allows variable die sizes along with custom modifiers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slaughterhouserock

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Hail to the king, baby.
    • Horror Movie Fans
    • Email
Re: Favorite Dice Rolling Programs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
Invisible Castle is simple and easy to use, but can still do custom rolls.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

dirkformica

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
Thanks.  Actually, and I'm kind of surprised by this, but WoTC has a pretty decent web-based dice roller here.  I just did a simple Save Page As... to download it for use offline.

I do have to admit, I'm still kind of looking for something with animations of actual dice.  I remember having a program for 2nd Edition AD&D that had a dice rolling program that had animated dice along with the sound effect of them rolling.  It also had a pretty decent cartographer program for the time (which would have been the late '90s.)

dirkformica

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »
Virtual Dice Tray seems pretty decent although I'd like to be able to add modifiers before I make the roll.  I do like the animation and the sound effect, however.

Edit: Also, now that I've actually played with it, you can do custom modifiers.  In fact, you can name a roll something like Ranged Attack, use the d20 roller, and include your modifiers and just double click to get your result.  I've saved an array for my Wizard for just about all my possible rolls.  So it looks like Virtual Dice tray is almost everything I could ask for.  Although the dice aren't really animated like I thought at first.   I do like the sound effect, however.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:38:19 AM by dirkformica »