Author Topic: End of Game. Help Me Take Down a God.  (Read 2215 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
End of Game. Help Me Take Down a God.
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »
So the group's about to meet up with Orcus to ally ourselves with him to help us taken down the "final boss", and then we're going to take on the final module in the Savage Tides. After this, the game's over and we start anew (and despite what he does with the kid, I'm taking dragonborn because he can screw me over less that way).

So this is what I'm currently at. I need to be better in some way, shape, or form for the final showdown. Time is limited so upgrades to my weapons are based solely on making a deal with the god of magic items. Literally.

Aquatic half-elf half gold dragon 2 mineral warrior 1 half water elemental 1 mystic ranger 9/targetteer 2/half-elf paragon 1/human paragon 3/pious templar 3/negative level -1

Immune: paralysis, sleep spells and similar effects
Resist: Cold 5 (shield crystal), DR 1/-, DR 8/adamantine, fire 20 (Note: evasion, mettle)
Weakness: Sea longing
Darkvision 60, superior low-light vision, elven blood

Items:
Horizon Goggles
Cat's Eye Brooch/Power Preservation Brooch/Hand of Glory/Wyrmfang Amulet/Mage Hand
Ysgardian heartwire-laced millennial chainmail of nimbleness +2 (+3), Crystal of lesser screening
gloves of the master strategist x2
belt of magnificence +4/belt of battle
winged slippers of spider climbing
dusty rose ioun stone
helm of teleportation
cloak of resistance +5
hair shirt of suffering & healing (50 charges of automatic cure light)
bracers of greater archery
ring of invisibility/silent spells
ring of protection +4
+2 buckler of speed and daylight, least crystal of cold protection.
Minor Alterable Aptitude Bow of the Wintermoon (aquatic longbow, elven longbow/silver quarterstaff, heavy repeating crossbow) +1 (+3) (True Believer gives it +2 Force for +5)
Bow wand chamber with wand of Arrow Mind (48 charges)
Wand of Metal Fang (50 charges)
Dagger +1
least Demolition crystal
lesser life drinking crystal
least Fiendslayer crystal
Nimbus Bow (minor artifact)
Pearl of Power 1st (x2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
lesser Revelation crystal
Blindfold of True Darkness
Skin of Reduce Person
Keen Sickle +1
Thieve's Tools (melted lockpick)
least Truedeath crystal
Aboleth graft - Mucous Projector

64,396 gold to spend

Wouldn't mind having better crystals, an actual +3 bow, and soulfire on the buckler, but I know I don't have that kind of cash. If there's something I absolutely need to have, let me know. Otherwise, suggestions on what to upgrade will be fine.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:39:31 PM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: End of Game. Help Me Take Down a God.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:31:11 PM »
I cringed a little when I saw your name and this thread's title with no replies. I was right...

Is it Paizo's Orcus or the FC1 version? Because one I can help you with, the other I don't even have stats for. If it is the Paizo incarnation, all I need is the stats and I can come up with a plan to murder him.

Oh, and a nitpick: Orcus himself isn't a god (unless Savage Tides changed that). Tenebrous was the deity, and when he revoked the name he lost the Deity status (because his worshipers didn't know about it).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »
Oh, yay. Another wonderful Kevin_Video topic. What would I do without them?

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »
I cringed a little when I saw your name and this thread's title with no replies. I was right...

Is it Paizo's Orcus or the FC1 version? Because one I can help you with, the other I don't even have stats for. If it is the Paizo incarnation, all I need is the stats and I can come up with a plan to murder him.

Oh, and a nitpick: Orcus himself isn't a god (unless Savage Tides changed that). Tenebrous was the deity, and when he revoked the name he lost the Deity status (because his worshipers didn't know about it).
Sorry, let me re-do this. Orcus isn't a god, and he isn't the one we're facing off against. We're going to meet with him and ally ourselves with his group, then take on an actual god in the Abyss.

Oh, yay. Another wonderful Kevin_Video topic. What would I do without them?
Cry yourself to sleep?  :whistle

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:00:53 AM »
So, any info on which god?
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
Sorry, let me re-do this. Orcus isn't a god, and he isn't the one we're facing off against. We're going to meet with him and ally ourselves with his group, then take on an actual god in the Abyss.

Oh, that does change things. As in "I can only pray it's one of the deities from Deities and Demigods, otherwise you may as well just start erasing your character sheet".

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:05:49 AM »
Your role in the adventure is going ot be that of cannon fodder. Plan accordingly.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
So, any info on which god?
Not much. Just that it's a he, I think it's spell Amul, and that he used to be the deity of one of our players (who's no longer gaming with us). I do know that he and the succubus god don't like each other.

Oh, that does change things. As in "I can only pray it's one of the deities from Deities and Demigods, otherwise you may as well just start erasing your character sheet".
I'm really hoping that's not the case. But then again, a couple of the gods that we talk to now were once characters a long time ago, who became gods. There have been a couple of those. If he does exist, he's not in the Deities book. I've looked. Probably help if I knew how to spell his name right. A few of the gods we've met this campaign though come directly from Dragon Magazine too.

Your role in the adventure is going ot be that of cannon fodder. Plan accordingly.
Well, I used to be a glass cannon, then I died and got turned into a mineral warrior. Now I'm a crystal cannon.

winter_soldier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:41 AM »
For Christ's sake, it's Demogorgon. Help the man, already.   :D

Solo

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:45:03 AM »
I have.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
For Christ's sake, it's Demogorgon. Help the man, already.   :D
Oh, I know that that's one of the body guards for the god. And I know of Demogorgon. I researched him after getting reintroduced to the cartoon series, and the kids fought him. He's a lot tougher in the magazine than he was on the show. Then again, according to WotC, the kids were all lvl 7, but their weapons made them ECL 9. Personally I think they were lvl 9 at the time of the book because Hank used tumble and evasion a lot, but that's probably just me over thinking things.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:01:50 AM »
Slip the DM fifty bucks and ask him to let you guys win.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »
OK, I got good news and bad news...

Oh fuck it, I only got bad news.

A deity of any kind has so many fucking immunities that you have no hope of winning. At best, you can have the illusion of trying to help others win. 'S the truth and there's little to do about it.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
Quick, knock out your DM for a couple of minutes and alter the campaign notes for that battle.

It's the only way.

Either that or decide to sit out of the petty squabbles of demons and deities

Which, assuming this is your Friday night DM, is not going to happen.

On an off topic note, doesn't Demons & Deities sound like the name of a Fantasy Heartbreaker?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
On an off topic note, doesn't Demons & Deities sound like the name of a Fantasy Heartbreaker?
Well, there is that one dating sim that has a god and a demon as two of the available girls...

Anyway, have you fought deities before on fridays? It might help to know how your DM plays them (other than retardedly). How likely is he to just have Orcus and the god in question duke it out while you guys watch and take hits for Orcus?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation