Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 100575 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #920 on: April 29, 2011, 09:24:57 AM »
So are we leveling our PCs now?  I'll probably wait until after I get my gift so I know for sure.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #921 on: April 29, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »
Yeah, it's really expensive. It would basically replace the +1 Holy Surge Greatsword I have. But seriously, I wasn't expecting to get the sword yet. Kind of expected the metamagic rod and maybe have the sword I have's composition magically altered from steel to adamantine, or something (which would be roughly 6000 gp worth of loot, appropriate for the level). A +1 Holy Adamantine Greatsword costs 21,050. That's more than the entire wbl for a 7th level character, much less a 6th level character with other items. I seriously don't mind if you retroactively scale back. :o

--edit--

Also, the adamantine thing is just an extra thing I thought of last-minute. I liked the idea of having a sword that could cut through "nearly-anything" but Ghaele don't explicitly carry adamantine holy greatswords, just holy greatswords. And once again, I took holy surge before so I'd have a low-level, "lesser" equivalent. I'm really ok with not having Holy yet, because that really adds quite a bit to the cost/value of the weapon.

Just take the sword and say thank you. It might be expensive for us, but for a god it's pocket change.
Also, if you get less, everyone else gets less.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: April 29, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
I guess you're right, but I didn't want to be the one getting more. I'm also hoping to get that metamagic rod eventually so I can cast Magic Vestment and have it be useful. :P

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: April 29, 2011, 03:55:05 PM »
i feel sorry for Dr schaulz
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #924 on: April 29, 2011, 05:45:38 PM »
So are we leveling our PCs now?  I'll probably wait until after I get my gift so I know for sure.
We all got the 3000-something XP, that's enough to move Bill up a notch
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #925 on: April 29, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »
okay everyone gets 3055, or just enough to put you to level 7.

I goofed o nteh sword price, so Im not gonna take it back now :D

GO ahead and level your PC's

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #926 on: April 29, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »
Level them including the retraining?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #927 on: April 29, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
OK I peeked at everyone sheets and your xp total run from 14K to 19K.  Have some of you not been adding your xp?
I kinda screwed up mine at first since I've never used myth-weavers before. What should it be?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #928 on: April 29, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
Level them including the retraining?
yuppers

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #929 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
OK I peeked at everyone sheets and your xp total run from 14K to 19K.  Have some of you not been adding your xp?
I kinda screwed up mine at first since I've never used myth-weavers before. What should it be?
SOme of you had a little bit more than others, but you all should been within 1K or so of each other.  So if the 3055 doesnt put you at level 7, go ahead and put yourself there.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #930 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »
Since my STR is now equal to my DEX, can I switch out weapon finesse for Improved toughness?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #931 on: April 30, 2011, 12:31:16 AM »
Sure

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #932 on: April 30, 2011, 01:32:33 AM »
I can't remember, how did we calculate hp?

Edit: I need an Unleash the Beast ability from the Phantom Cat prestige class.  Suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:51:29 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #933 on: April 30, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
SOme of you had a little bit more than others, but you all should been within 1K or so of each other.  So if the 3055 doesnt put you at level 7, go ahead and put yourself there.
what aboutme i am only at level 5
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #934 on: April 30, 2011, 05:14:01 AM »
what aboutme i am only at level 5

Yes Konner, you too.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #935 on: April 30, 2011, 05:28:34 AM »
I can't remember, how did we calculate hp?

Edit: I need an Unleash the Beast ability from the Phantom Cat prestige class.  Suggestions?

I believe that we were using average hp.

On a side note because I am so awesome everyone gets a +4 bonus on saves vs fear for being within 30' of me now :D (morale bonus so no affecting mind affecting immune characters.... who dont need bonuses vs fear anyway)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:49:53 AM by Littha »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #936 on: April 30, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »
Energy Drain.
For your claws.

On that note, The speed weapon enhancement on both your claws sould give you 4 claw attacks.
Make 4 saves, for each you fail, take a negative level. Negative levels are nasty.
Also,because the ability is Energy drain, you gain 5 temporary hp per negative level.

Note: Normally, There isn't a save to resist gaining a negative level. The save is to stop it being permanent after 24.

Also, for RobbyPants, Might I suggest the Gauntlets of Infinite Blades? It Creates Temporary Daggers, and has a few charges each day to make the daggers better.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:34:17 PM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #937 on: May 01, 2011, 05:49:52 AM »
Those gauntlets inspired a character of mine, and bhu's not a hard-ass about out-of-the-book items staying that way; my DM allowed for more charges, and later perm enhancements (never to anything past +6 daggers with charges) on that, and it inspired a wicked character who was build around the good ol' daggers. Really want to dig him up now...

I've decided to focus on getting done with Ronin, with maybe a 1 or 2 level dip into yojimbo at some point if I really need it. Nintai is what sold me, though really the Yojimbo capstone is perfect for a ronin-enhanced samurai. I'll be fighting with myself for that one; you've made some appeallingly difficult to decide between classes, bhu! Gonna write a report on the class as I like it and thoughts on long consideration at some point.

As for this charrie though, I'm probably gonna go ronin, and pick up leadership for a ninja onna-bugeisha/kagemusha, and the start of his rise as a leader of men after his descent to darkness. Yep, I've thought a lot about this charrie's potential development, and because of that, I've got more to ask you about, bhu, specifically regarding the awkwardness of leadership and this classes role in a non-period campaign.

Also, I'm gonna be focusing the hell out of charisma, so what items do you guys know of benefit from a high charisma, such as cha to damage (were there not heartfire gauntlets making cha-to-dmg as fire dmg somewhere?) or AC (a bastardised monk's belt)? I'm probably gonna try for the stunning property on my weapon if I can get my charisma above a +2....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:58:46 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #938 on: May 01, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
Also, I'm gonna be focusing the hell out of charisma, so what items do you guys know of benefit from a high charisma, such as cha to damage (were there not heartfire gauntlets making cha-to-dmg as fire dmg somewhere?) or AC (a bastardised monk's belt)? I'm probably gonna try for the stunning property on my weapon if I can get my charisma above a +2....
The Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows? Dragon 314, page 22. 12,000 gp, +Cha bonus fire damage (minimum 1) to all melee attacks, even touch attacks.

Spoilered is a large chuck of the Chaisma section of X Stat to Y Bonus.
[spoiler]
Code: [Select]
Class/Feat/Race        Source                     Bonus

CLASSES
Akodo Champion 2       Oriental Adv. p220 3.0     Saves
Arcane Duellist 2      [URL=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a]Online[/URL]                     AC
Battle Dancer          DragMag#159/DragComp p26   AC
Blackguard 2           DMG p181 3.5               Saves
Blackguard 2           DMG p182 3.5               Attack Rolls (Smite, limited times per day)
Corrupt Avenger 3      Heroes of Horror p88 3.5   Saves
Chameleon 3            Races of Destinty p112 3.5 Attack (Smite 1/day per 3 levels)
Crusader 2             Tome of Battle p11 3.5     Cha bonus to will saves (doesn't stack with Divine Grace)
Gwenyfhar              BoED p56 3.5               Saves
Defiant 2              Planar Handbook p44 3.5    Cha to saves vs divine spells
Dread Pirate 9         Complete Adv. p39 3.5      AC, Self and Allies, 1/Day
Eldeen Ranger 3        Eberon CS p74 3.5          Saves, Greensingers only
Exemplar 4             Complete Adv. p44 3.5      Concentration and Fortitude saves
Hexblade 2             Complete Warrior p5 3.5    Saves (vs Spells)
Holy Liberator 4       Complete Divine p45 3.5    Saves
Iajutsu Master 2/5     OA p41 3.0                 Initiative/Damage
Justicar of Tyr 5      PGtF p65                   Saves vs chaotic spells/outsiders
Knight o.t. Sacred Seal 2 Tome of Magic 3.5       AC and Reflex 1 round in 5
Marshall 1             Miniatures HB p11 3.5      (Various)
Martyred Champion 4    PGtF p184 3.5              Saves
Master of Yuirwood 9   Un. East p24 3.0           Saves
Mystic Wonderer        Magic of Faerun p35 3.0    AC
Paladin                PHB p42 3.5                Attack Rolls (Smite, limited times per day)
Paladin 2              PHB p42 3.5                Saves
Paladin 2 sub lvl      Champions of Valour p48    AC (Replaces bonus to Saves)
Platinum Knight 5      Draconomicon p137          Save vs evil dragons
Risen Martyr 2         BoED p68 3.5               AC
Samurai 3              Complete Warrior p9 3.5    Attack and Damage for 1 attack
Shaman 5               Oriental Adv. p24 3.0      Saves
Slayer of Domiel 2     BoED p73 3.5               Saves
Soldier of Light       Deities & D.gods p208 3.0  Saves
Swiftblade 2           [URL=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327]Online 3.5[/URL]                 Initiative (uses primary arcane casting statistic)
Tattooed Monk 5        Complete Warrior p82 3.5   Any statistic (including charisma), limited uses/day
Walker in the Waste 10 Sandstorm p89 3.5          Hitpoints
Warmage 1/3/5          Dragonlance 5th p?         AC for 1/2/3 allies within 30'
Wilder                 XPH p29 3.5                Touch AC (cannot exceed normal AC)
Witch Hunter           OA p54 3.0                 Saves
 FEATS
Ascetic Mage           Complete Adv. p105 3.5     AC, switches Monk/Ninja bonus from Wis to Cha
Avenging Strike        Tome of Battle p28 3.5     Attack and Damage vs evil foes, 1/day/cha bonus
Battledance            Dragon 297 p28 3.0         EPIC FEAT: Attack, AC, and Reflex saves
Beauty's Bounty        [URL=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030815a]Online[/URL]                     1st level Hp (replaces con)
Charming the Arrow     [URL=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030815a]Online[/URL]                     Hit with bow/crossbow (replaces Dex)
Divine Might           Complete Warrior p106 3.5  Damage
Divine Might, Epic     [URL="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20031115a"]Online[/URL] 3.0                 Damage
Divine Shield          Complete Warrior p106 3.5  AC
Force of Personality   Complete Adv. p109 3.5     Willpower saves (instead of Wisdom)
Mantle of Freedom      Dungeon #104               Grapple, Escape Artist and Str to break bonds (+ other bonuses)
Smite Fiert Foe        Frostburn p50 3.5          Cha to hit (smite attack)
Snowflake Wardance     Frostburn p50 3.5          Hit
Spiritual Force        Races of Eberron p113 3.5  Damage, req. Kalashtar
Unnatural Will         Heroes of Horror 9124 3.5  Will saves vs fear
 SPELLS/POWERS
Ruin Delver's Fortune  Spell Compendium 3.5 p178  One save
Sirine's Grace         Spell Compendium p191 3.5  AC
Thunder Lance          Spell Compendium p220 3.5  Attack and Damage with Lance
Undersong              Spell Compendium 3.5       Concentration checks (uses a perform check instead)
Whirling Blade         Complete Arcane p129 3.5   Attack & Damage
 EQUIPMENT
Bow of Song            Magic Item Comp 3.5 p48    Hit and Damage (req. Bardic music)
Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows Dragon #314          Damage
Hexband                     Magic Item Comp p122  Cha to Damage, 5 rounds/day if target suffers Hexblade curse
Larethian Protector         Arms & Equipment p112 Chaxd6 Damage, uses a turn attempt
Slippers of Battledancing   DMG II p272 3.5       Attack and damage, must move 10'
 OTHER
Bloodtouched Rite      PGtE p23                   Hit Points (one time bonus, suffer -2 con)
Halfling Domain        PGtF p87 3.5               Climb, Jump, Move Silently & Hide for 10 minutes/day
Mysticism Domain       Complete Divine p140       Luck to saves for 1 round per day per level (both good and evil versions)
Unholy Toughness       MM III                     Hit Points (also in Libris Mortis, Sandstorm and most books with new undead from now on, probably)
[/spoiler]
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #939 on: May 01, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »
To elaborate on the item being discussed in the IC thread, the Necklace of Natural weapons applies per weapon. To apply a +1 enhancement to two natural weapons, ie: claw and bite, you'd pay 600 gp + enhancement value (2000) x number of weapons (2) or 600+2(2000)=4600 gp. To make it a +1 Flaming Necklace of Natural Weapons affecting two, it'd cost 600+2(8000)=16600, and so on.