Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 100543 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »
Okay, PEP TALK! We're fighting an angry caster 7 levels higher than us. It is at approx. 75% health and at full spell capacity. Our first bruiser (The Construct) is at 66% health. We will have to hit fast and hard and have joseph focus on keeping us at a firmer consitancy than strawberry jelly. It wonj't be easy.

Not all encounters have to be won with force of arms/spells ;)

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2010, 03:46:39 AM »
Oh? I have two words: Shivering Touch.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
Okay, PEP TALK! We're fighting an angry caster 7 levels higher than us. It is at approx. 75% health and at full spell capacity. Our first bruiser (The Construct) is at 66% health. We will have to hit fast and hard and have Joseph focus on keeping us at a firmer consistency than strawberry jelly. It won't be easy.
We need to make sure our opponent doesn't have time to buff. With one or two spells he can probably get his AC high enough we can't hit (or can't hit in often enough to posses a threat) (it can reach AC 29 / 31 vs. the good, using 2 spells, none above 2nd level).
On the plus side it only outsmarts most of us, and it's innate magic circle against good only affects four of us (me, rad, solara, and Venn).
However, we outnumber it almost 20 to 1, with almost half our side listed as expendable (non-critical Npc's, my summoned blob of ectoplasm).

Not all encounters have to be won with force of arms/spells ;)
This encounter is with a lying unicorn rapist.

Oh? I have two words: Shivering Touch.
18 Dex, example spells prepared has both lesser and normal restoration, and you need spectral hand to deliver it safely. It can reach 18 touch AC with relative ease, which will cause problems for your +5 to hit it. Also, it has spellcraft, which will paint you a an important target. And on average it will drop you to about -2 hp in the first turn of attacks. And it has SR 20 (you have CL 5). Don't get too smug. To quote avatar "Don't shoot you'll piss him off!"
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
Jojo, you really need to learn to take a joke. About 90% of what I say is in jest. I'm well aware about how powerful our opponent is. I was implying that while some encounters can not be ended by spells, most can.

Also, if we need to distract him from buffing himself, then it's probably BEST to use shivering touch so he has to waste a turn using restoration, unless he want's his AC lowered by around 4 points (average roll for 3d6). Most of what I have is a touch attack, so I'm just going to have to hope it stays at the listed (if it's close to SRD example, anyways) 13 touch AC long enough for me to hit it with one debuff.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:57:44 AM by Sir Shadow »

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
If we can get his AC down I can give Blinding Spittle an attempt, it is something of a wild card when you fight something that do not rely on armour for his AC. Still, if we manage to blind him we've gained quite a large upper hand
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »

This encounter is with a lying unicorn rapist.

Remember, he wasn't lying 'entirely'.  You sensed a grey area somewhere.  It's possible they were both telling the truth.   He might need to do this in order to live.  But that's not saying he didn't sometimes do it for giggles before...

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »
Point is, enemies are easier to deal with when they are 'helpless'

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2010, 03:31:18 PM »
Unfortunately, Jojo's the only one who knows the Unicorn said any of that, or that was partially lying/telling the truth.

All the rest of us know is that our ally's fighting a unicorn, who we have been lead to believe are all rapists in this world.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2010, 04:08:35 PM »
All the rest of us know is that our ally's fighting a unicorn, who we have been lead to believe are all rapists in this world.
And the chained up were-wolf. Your forgetting you see the chained up were-wolf.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
Well, of course. But what's important is what our ally is fighting against. I'm just highlighting what perceptions would be.

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: November 06, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
Hold Person?
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #431 on: November 06, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »
Hold Person?
Unless we polymorph the unicorn into a humanoid, it'd have to be hold monster... neither of which I have access to at this level.

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2010, 05:56:28 PM »
Hold Person?
Unless we polymorph the unicorn into a humanoid, it'd have to be hold monster... neither of which I have access to at this level.
darn how about we try talking to him
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »
Hold Person?
darn how about we try talking to him
And that's where I and my Druidic awesome come in

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #434 on: November 06, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
Maybe if Captain Incorpreal McFails-at-scouting hadn't immediately opened fire. It's hard to negotiate after attacking. Just saying.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
Maybe if Captain Incorpreal McFails-at-scouting hadn't immediately opened fire. It's hard to negotiate after attacking. Just saying.
Like Metallica said it "Sad but true"

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #436 on: November 06, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »
I didn't immediately open fire. I waited until he to lied while explaining himself to open fire.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #437 on: November 06, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
I didn't immediately open fire. I waited until he to lied while explaining himself to open fire.

:facepalm
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: November 06, 2010, 07:27:41 PM »
Except he was telling a partial truth, too, so it may have been good to investigate what part of what it said was a lie. >_>

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: November 06, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
I've been pretty good at not reading the spoilers with a name tag, just so that I can keep myself from unintentional metagaming. But I had to go back and read about what happened to jojo, my conclusion? This is one fucked up situation