Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 100571 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Lame. Leave it to Eberron to ruin everything. The only thing the ever did right was create Artificers.
So your saying warforged, dragonmarks, symbionts, Living spells, Flying ships, Action points, and all the cool new homunculus were bad? I'm going to have to disagree with you, Eberron did almost everything right.

Artificers are lame, engineers ftw!
Engineers are lame, Artificers can do more, and better. Name one thing that an engineer can do that an artificer can't.
Autonomous powered armor with an attached minigun, deployed from a walking castle with plasma turrets, all of which are immune to antimagic field. And without an xp cost.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
Engineers are lame, Artificers can do more, and better. Name one thing that an engineer can do that an artificer can't.
Autonomous powered armor with an attached minigun, deployed from a walking castle with plasma turrets, all of which are immune to antimagic field. And without an xp cost.
The anti-magic part and the xp part are valid, but the power armor part is easy, artificers can get better than a single attached weapon, the walking castle line is an exaggeration and artificers can get better, Replace plasma with spell turrets. Further more, the unseen minions an artificer can put in their mobile fortress can actually craft.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »
The custom magic item rules are bullshit subject to DM ruling. And where are spell turrets from again?
Besides, I think the engineer has more flavour.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »
When did I say I'd use Custom magic items? Spellturrets are PHII.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
You know, we could debate this until ragnorok, and never reach a conclusion. Lets agree that I like the engineer, and that eberron is your personal little toy.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
You know, we could debate this until ragnorok.
Your Immortal too?

Lets agree that I like the engineer, and that eberron is your personal little toy.
I'll agree the engineer is interesting, it's just a bit to sciency from my taste in D&D.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12:08 PM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!
on a sperate note did you read my forum stuff
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
Yeah, didn't really interest me though.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
Radmelon why are you jabbering here and not whupping zombie ass :D

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
Alcy swings at another random zombie.
[spoiler]1d20(17)+11=28
2d6(1,2)+7=10
[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2010, 05:02:52 AM »
Alcy swings at another random zombie.
[spoiler]1d20(17)+11=28
2d6(1,2)+7=10
[/spoiler]

lol wrong thread
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2010, 05:03:30 AM »
Bhu, what is your opinion on retraining once you've got the Feral prestige class up?  I'll either be going for that one or Fat Cat (or both if we get high enough) and I doubt I'm built properly for them.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2010, 05:11:44 AM »
Fat Cat??

I'd have to look at the retraining rules, but if you have your hearts set on them we'll work something out  ;)

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!
I'll call cousin Heimdall and tell him to give you a heads up when it draws near so you can start summing it up
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2010, 07:57:23 AM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!
I'll call cousin Heimdall and tell him to give you a heads up when it draws near so you can start summing it up
As long as someone unchains my fucking dog and gets my gothy daughter out of the house, I'll be happy.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!
As long as someone unchains my fucking dog and gets my gothy daughter out of the house, I'll be happy.
Shall I bring in your giant sea snake while I'm at it? I bet Nagelfreim can take a detour when I've picked up your daughter so it won't be much of a problem.
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »
Fat Cat??

I'd have to look at the retraining rules, but if you have your hearts set on them we'll work something out  ;)

I meant Big Kitty.  Sorry, posted that right after posting my "helpful correction".   :p
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »
Quote from: Sir Shadow
Quote from: Jojo
Lame. Leave it to Eberron to ruin everything. The only thing the ever did right was create Artificers.
So your saying warforged, dragonmarks, symbionts, Living spells, Flying ships, Action points, and all the cool new homunculus were bad? I'm going to have to disagree with you, Eberron did almost everything right.
Um. Yea pretty much. I don't allow Warforged in games I DM. dragonmarks suck. Symbiotes have been around for a long time and I've yet to meet someone that uses them. Living spells, meh. Flying ships have been around forever, but I'll admit I like their idea of binding Fire elementals to make them work. Action points come from D20 modern. And I have my own homebrewed homunculus which is far more cuddly :P

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
Your Immortal too?
Shhhhhhhhhh!
Shall I bring in your giant sea snake while I'm at it? I bet Nagelfreim can take a detour when I've picked up your daughter so it won't be much of a problem.
Isn't the dog and snake ALSO the sons?
P.S. Hel as a gothloli?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."