Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 100532 times)

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
>;3 well I plan on going Bakeneko... so fear the colossal kitty wat creates corpses through his mere presence!

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:19 AM »
All the characters will look so freakin' badass in epic levels.
As soon as I hit epic I'm completely unkillable. I'll have 16 HD meaning I auto succeed the ghost level check to come back, and the only thing that would let my guy rest in peace is outside the jesters realm. Of course, he'd want to leave before then, but I've planned for that.

may the world fear when joseph learns how to make a flame thrower
In that case joseeph would love one of my other character ideas.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
Haha, my character would finally get her first class level at Epic. FEAR THE EPIC LEVEL-1 CLERIC!  :lmao
Honestly, my character only gets a total of 10 HD, so she's eventually going to need to find some way to not just completely die once higher levels would be achieved. Some way to buy off level adjustment or something, I dunno.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30:07 AM »
LOL if you have a +10 LA, using regular LA buyoff method, you can't even begin buying off your first LA until you have 30 class levels, so you can't buy off 1 LA til your ECL is 50

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »
Unless we go thought bottle, ritual sacrifice, reincarnation.
Or you could continue to progress your racial stuff. if your Monster Class is 20 levels, I think it might qualify for having an epic continuation.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:19 AM »
LOL if you have a +10 LA, using regular LA buyoff method, you can't even begin buying off your first LA until you have 30 class levels, so you can't buy off 1 LA til your ECL is 50

It's not exactly LA. It's a monster class, and it only gets 10 HD. The other 10 levels are supposed to be spread out so that all the abilities and boosts you get stay on-par with player characters, but you fall way behind on hp, BAB, saves, and skill points. Not to mention feats. You get a bunch of other cool toys, but one wonders at what point it's not worth it.

Probably the point at which you die a horrible death. :P

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 03:48:31 AM »
even in monster classes, your HD is still considered "racial HD" and your lack of HD is considered level adjustment.

Monster classes are just ways of spreading out a monster's powers and HD to make it "even" at any given level to a character of an equal ECL, and yea, you gotta wonder if it's really worth it :/

EDIT: ACTUALLY, if you think about it, you could "buy off" your LA as you acquire it...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 04:43:46 AM »
It's still not technically LA. Monster classes are a way to play races that are normally too powerful for PCs to play, and they almost never, if ever, have LA because they're not normally fit for any player to use.

Now, if I could just gain HD somewhat more slowly or something, that might work. That or bhu could choose a handful of extra levels that gain HD, or figure something else out. Otherwise, we'll be leveling up so slowly it probably won't even matter. :P

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »
I has promised myself to give you more xp opportunities :D

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »
So, Ruam is back under a new name. The abstinence of not posting got the better of me.
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
So, Ruam is back under a new name. The abstinence of not posting got the better of me.
Welcome back.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
Welcome back.
Thank you, quoting Blackmore's Night on this one "Raise your hands and your glasses to, we will dance the whole night through!". Jokes aside, it is nice to be able to post. I had so many things I wanted to fit in so far. Oh, and Bill goes by the name "Harry" while incognito, but he will pronounce it "Hairy"
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
Well, if we can keep up the illusionary wall and the zombies don't get wise to it, Bartholomeow can drop some AoE in there.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »
Welcome back! and as for my contribution, at epic levels I'll be a fun melee beast/cha-abuser. 10 levels in Yojimbo and Ronin each by lv 26 is fuckin awesome; they're capstones make it really difficult to chose which one to complete, but I think pre-epic I'm Samurai 6 / Ronin 10 / Yojimbo 4. 26 is death-day. Sure, I can't make my own dimension, cause I'm not a wizard, and I can't tell my own god to do my bidding cause I'm not a cleric, but I'll have fun, you'll see!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 02:17:05 AM »
Welcome back RUam :D  :bounce :bounce :bounce

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 02:41:14 AM »
yeah raum is back
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 02:56:20 AM »
3 zombies pointlessly attack Jojo and cant seem to understand why they cant hit him
This is what makes ghosts really fun to play: when dumb enemies try to hit you, And keep trying when they fail constantly. Now to start Provoking AoO for the hell of it.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

konner09

• Email
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 02:59:27 AM »
3 zombies pointlessly attack Jojo and cant seem to understand why they cant hit him
This is what makes ghosts really fun to play: when dumb enemies try to hit you, And keep trying when they fail constantly. Now to start Provoking AoO for the hell of it.
i am so gonna play as a ghost
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 03:28:31 AM »
Bartholomeow: "Oops! My Control Undead misfired, sorry Mr. Ghost!"

konner09

• Email
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 03:33:07 AM »
Sorry if it takes me a while to post i am runing my own game right now :P