Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 100609 times)

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
*I now have internet (thanks to my own determination, some decent tech savvy on my own part, and my modem manufacturer actually knowing how my modem works - unlike AT&T) but the following all still apply. Seriously AT&T, not telling me when the problem was solved? Not a smart move - especially since there were other things wrong that I WASN'T told about . . . *

I hate AT&T . . . just . . .  :banghead *internal scream of bloodcurdling rage* (I'm supposed to be studying right now . . . )

They were supposed to have internet to me by last Friday. It wasn't working, so I called them. Guess what data they need on me? Some random, silly number they sent to me in a silly e-mail and DIDN'T SAY WAS IMPORTANT (so I didn't write it down or print it off). Oh, and the department with that number doesn't work weekends. So I have to get this all-important silly number from my e-mail . . . (anyone see the SLIGHT ISSUE THERE?)

Now, I'm still without internet, despite the poor technician coming out and working at my apartment and at the connection box thingy for almost all of yesterday (okay, only about 1/3 of it . . . ) Now they tell me it's something that only people at the main office can diagnose and fix, but that it will be done within 24 hours from sometime yesterday. And they won't tell me when they've fixed the problem. And almost certainly won't be apologizing, when they left me (currently attending school) and  my (currently seeking a job) boyfriend without internet for several days longer than we should have been. And most of the friends I can reach are online. Because I just moved.

Anyway, I will probably continue to be slower in posting for the next couple of days, though my school (thankfully) has wifi.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:56:53 AM by solara »

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »
AT&T is terrible :D

I keep telling everyone I know this fact, but they still go out an buy U-Verse... and then complain to me how terrible it is barely two weeks later.

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:11 AM »
I,mmmm baaack
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2010, 03:24:07 AM »

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2010, 04:01:29 AM »
Oh, I knew they were terrible, but it was that or spend $30/month more or get *shudder* DIAL-UP!!!!!!! (DUNH DUNH DUNH!!!!!) So I chose the lesser of the evils. But I still get to whine because I tried to find other options. Also, it's therapeutic. I'm not just dealing with internet-procuring stress right now, but . . . well, lets just say that was the straw that broke the flood gates on my tirades.

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2010, 04:03:29 AM »
trololololol
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
trololololol
Fixed

DIAL-UP!!!!!!! (DUNH DUNH DUNH!!!!!)
:sofa Do not scare me like that, I can hardly live with less than 10 Mbit/sec
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »
trololololol
Fixed

DIAL-UP!!!!!!! (DUNH DUNH DUNH!!!!!)
:sofa Do not scare me like that, I can hardly live with less than 10 Mbit/sec
Dial up? Woah, nostalgia.
What with no phone use and everything. I can almost here the tonal connection signal now.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »
trololololol
For some reason I'm tempted to play a inspire courage max'd bard that can't speak. He just sings for all form of social interaction. All of his languages would be sign languages, and his only use in combat would be bardic music.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2010, 05:38:04 PM »
trololololol
For some reason I'm tempted to play a inspire courage max'd bard that can't speak. He just sings for all form of social interaction. All of his languages would be sign languages, and his only use in combat would be bardic music.

Bonus points if you then set people on fire with said music...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:04 PM »
trololololol
Bonus points if you then set people on fire with said music...
And for using that music for both diplomacy and intimidate.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
Mo' ass-kicking.
<huge musical solo> (1:01)
(1:01) fixed link direct to 1:01
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
Mo' ass-kicking.

Thanks.
You know that's like 10 rounds worth of solo? Are you so epic as to compress it into a 6-second action? That's fairly badass, maybe the zombies'll just die on command from that. I'm already going fuckin' Sword of Doom on their ass.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »
You know that's like 10 rounds worth of solo? Are you so epic as to compress it into a 6-second action? That's fairly badass, maybe the zombies'll just die on command from that. I'm already going fuckin' Sword of Doom on their ass.
2 rounds and 2 seconds actually. not a huge deal
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »
Mo' ass-kicking.

Thanks.
Rule of cool. But it'll carry on to next round.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Sorry if I took some extra time, had to work for 9,5 hours straight, with the exception of a 15 minute break when I ate. This was done until 2 a.m. when I realized I had forgotten my key and could not get to my apartment. I ended up walking a few kilometers to a couple of friends and spent the night on their couch.
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2010, 02:54:52 PM »
Had a great party last night. 2 entire blocks came! Food poisoning later, not so good... :puke

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
u okay?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
Yeah. It was quick, and the post-vomit endorphins were nice. It'll be a while before I eat potluck again though.