Author Topic: Demilich weaknesses  (Read 27442 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Demilich weaknesses
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2010, 06:41:53 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before:

An Iron Colossus has an (ex) AMF. Shapechange into one and grapple the damn demilich. The weird thing is: There is no mention anywhere (IIRC) that his flight is even supernatural. You may need some shenanigans to Shapechange into one, though. IF you can make the shenanigans without limits, take the Hagunemnon instead and pick the four greatest Ex (or Su?) abilities of all times to turn into Superman. Do this as a Cheater of Mystra, of course.

Alternatively, stick him in the (ex) AMF, shoot him full of non-magical arrows until the skull is destroyed. Now Gate in that infallible tracking hound that hunts Kelemvor (I think?) and diplomance him into believing that he definitely needs to track that phylactery. Now hope he does it quickly enough before the demilich reforms.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before:

An Iron Colossus has an (ex) AMF. Shapechange into one and grapple the damn demilich. The weird thing is: There is no mention anywhere (IIRC) that his flight is even supernatural. You may need some shenanigans to Shapechange into one, though. IF you can make the shenanigans without limits, take the Hagunemnon instead and pick the four greatest Ex (or Su?) abilities of all times to turn into Superman. Do this as a Cheater of Mystra, of course.

Alternatively, stick him in the (ex) AMF, shoot him full of non-magical arrows until the skull is destroyed. Now Gate in that infallible tracking hound that hunts Kelemvor (I think?) and diplomance him into believing that he definitely needs to track that phylactery. Now hope he does it quickly enough before the demilich reforms.
it was mask, not Kelemvor.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
7 pages? That's it? Come on, this is the typical how do you kill a 20th level wizard thread.

And if you skip that forum BS, pick your poison or add to the choices.
Blast it with Orb of X.
Just attack it (when has DR 15 & 120hp ever really kept anything alive?).
Cast an epic spell on it (note-default demilich is two levels short of even being able to take the epic spell feat).
Cast a Permanent Anti-Magic Field on it, glue it to your staff, and have the coolest hiking stick ever that doubles up as a disjunction bomb.
As above with less anti and more glued inside a cone, gain 8/day Trap The Soul and such with a proper diplomacy check.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
7 pages? That's it? Come on, this is the typical how do you kill a 20th level wizard thread.

Blast it with Orb of X.
Cast an epic spell on it (note-default demilich is two levels short of even being able to take the epic spell feat).
Cast a Permanent Anti-Magic Field on it, glue it to your staff, and have the coolest hiking stick ever that doubles up as a disjunction bomb.
As above with less anti and more glued inside a cone, gain 8/day Trap The Soul and such with a proper diplomacy check.
A good many of those don't work if you take the Magic Immunity literally, which I believe is the point of this thread.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »

Blast it with Orb of X.
A good many of those don't work if you take the Magic Immunity literally, which I believe is the point of this thread.
Only if you don't properly update the Magic Immunity from 3.0 (which the demilich is) to 3.5. In 3.0 it worked the way it's stated in the template list. In 3.5 it no longer does. It's really a moot point.

Also, only one of those doesn't work at that point: Blast it with Orb of X. Everything else still works.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »
I'm bringing this up and hoping that the DM lets me get away with a +1 Flaming Horse.  Just putting that out there.

"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2010, 07:23:58 PM »
holy crap...