Author Topic: I'm stranded at GenCon (On my phone)  (Read 2141 times)

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
I'm stranded at GenCon (On my phone)
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
If I had $1,000 free after the first two days of the con, I'd use it to wager that there are 50 threads identical to this one: I'm going to try 4E (meaning I haven't before). QUICK, what's an optimized TWF level ONE striker? From looking at the books (for the first time) I'm thinking a Ranger because of Quarry and Skirmish Stance which also opens up the option for switching to ranged when I need to. 100g and all material available. What race? What weapons? What powers? What feat(s)?
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: I'm stranded at GenCon (On my phone)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »
Ranger or Rogue work IIRC, It's been over a year since I've played 4E.
As far as powers go, as a rule of thumb try to target different defenses if you can, though at level 1 there aren't a lot of combinations.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
Ask "them" about the DMG2 companion characters.

If they say Yes, then having a level 2 (at level 1) Warlord
who's only purpose in life, is to make your life better ...
can really up the stuff.
So says the lazy-lord guys on wotc 4e c.o.

Just remember to butter up the DM, by saying this Warlord sucks compared to real Warlords.
It's got the -2 to hit problem of all CCs, and it doesn't have as many powers as a regular Warlord.
See it "can't" be overpowered ... because it's objectively underpowered.
And the DM can kill him anytime.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
If you want TWF, go Ranger. It doesn'T really matter what race you pick so long as it gets a Str bonus, but Longtooth Shifter (PHB II) is a good one (if the DM lets you, Bugbear is another awesome option). Put an 18 in Str, a 16 in Wis, then a 14 in either Con or Dex and a 13 in the other, then pick either Cha or Int to be your dump stat and put a 10 in the other. This is after racial modifiers, so pre-race your pb would look like 16/14/14/13/10/8. Putting a 20 in Str may be tempting, but you'll have to balance it against seriously reduced ability in... everything else. Alternatively, you can swap Wis and either Dex or Con, since this is likely a one-shot and you won't use your Wis much.
Next, choose if you want to be a glass cannon or slightly more defensive. In the former case, take Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword). In the latter case, take Armor Proficiency (Chainmail) and wield two longswords instead.
For your powers, Twin Strike is a must. Pick whatever for your other at-will, you'll never use it anyway. For your encounter power, pick Off-Hand Strike from Martial Power. It lets you make an attack with your off-hand weapon as a minor action. For your daily, take Wolf Fang Strike. This will be your big gun, and can reliably take down almost anything in one shot.
After buying two weapons and some armor, you won't have much money left, so you're pretty much done now. Congratulations, you're a mean lean foe grinding machine.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
... or Agita.

:D