Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition  (Read 127408 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »
Q71 How do I get the Mark of Minauros feat from FC 2? As, say, a human.

A: Assume the position!

AKA: Start brown-nosing.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2010, 05:28:14 PM »
Mind control a powerful devil into sponsoring you.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »
Q73

I know D&D stats for Cthulhu exist. I'm certain I've seen a screenshot from a book with part of them. Where could they be found? Alternatively, what feats ought Cthulhu to have?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2010, 01:56:53 AM »
The call of cthulu d20 game.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Arcane-surge

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2010, 02:10:29 AM »
Q74: Is there a way to do long range communications, like Sending, with psionics?
This space intentionally left blank.

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2010, 02:28:12 AM »
A72Not sure about the whole answer but, the SA Fighter variant gains SA at the same levels as a Rogue so 1,3,5,... etc.  You gain the variant features at the same level that the original class gains them.  That's why Wild Shape Ranger gains WS at 5 even though it gives up something at level 2.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:43 AM »
Q74: Is there a way to do long range communications, like Sending, with psionics?

A: Mind Link can do this if you set things up properly. An alternative is Telepathic Bond (Psionic). The next method is a Crystal Ball (DMG), because it affects Psionic Powers equally. The fourth trick is StP Erudite, but that's cheating. Lastly, Bend Reality can do this, but it's very much an emergency-action only.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2010, 04:58:52 AM »
Q 75 Got an odd one that may not be so simple. If you go the Savage Species route, and take a medusa, or succubus as a base race, but never actually take any levels, and end up becoming a dragonborn, are you still able to go up in those class levels?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2010, 09:33:40 AM »
Q 75 Got an odd one that may not be so simple. If you go the Savage Species route, and take a medusa, or succubus as a base race, but never actually take any levels, and end up becoming a dragonborn, are you still able to go up in those class levels?

...I think that's a case for getting a ton of Racial HD and LA with no abilities. Yes, you could advance further, but you'd keep losing racial traits due to Dragonborn.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

tristanayres

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
Q??
Does anyone know where the rules on damage for and object growing too large for its container are? For instance if you shove a tiny Sizing adamantine dagger into a lock then grow it to a large Greatsword how would damage to the lock be calculated or would it even work? Thanks in advance

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »

...I think that's a case for getting a ton of Racial HD and LA with no abilities. Yes, you could advance further, but you'd keep losing racial traits due to Dragonborn.
That's good to know. I basically asked here, and asked my DM as well, just to see what differences there were between the two. I'm trying weasel my way out of the LAs he keeps putting on my character, and no matter what my next characters turns out to be, he'd be a dragonborn.

Q 77 I'm sure the math is wrong, but if a person had one use of Righteous Might placed on their armor, and it was always set for positive, plus gave a negative level to evil people should they wear it, would it really cost 27k?

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »
Q78: In combining Extend Spell effect via feat or rod in conjunction with a class feature (that explicitly stacks) does the Extended extend only get x3 duration instead of doubling it twice?

I'm thinking it is doubled twice and does not follower the addition of multipliers such is Critical but want to be sure.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
Q78: In combining Extend Spell effect via feat or rod in conjunction with a class feature (that explicitly stacks) does the Extended extend only get x3 duration instead of doubling it twice?

I'm thinking it is doubled twice and does not follower the addition of multipliers such is Critical but want to be sure.
A 78

D&D math is only used for abstract values such as damage that do not have a real-world equivalent. In the case of real-world values such as time or distance, normal math applies, so two doublings equal a quadrupling.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
Q72: From my understanding in a gestalt build if two abilities are shared by both classes the ability increase at the rate of the fastest class. Would a build using the sneak attack version of fighter give the sneak attack if the levels of fighter were taken at even levels? So like rouge4/classA1,SA Fighter1,classA2,SA Fighter 2. Leading to the build having 4d6 sneak attack at level 4?

Doesn't work.  You progress the abilities at the fastest rate.  So Rogue effectively gets 1d6 sneak attack at level 1, and +.5d6 sneak attack every level after that, rounding down.  Sneak Attack Fighter gets the same thing.  You'd get a bump in sneak attack from the first levels (so Rogue 1/X1//Y2/Sneak Attack Fighter 1 would have 2d6 sneak attack) but that's about it.

JaronK

muhammed

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
Q72: From my understanding in a gestalt build if two abilities are shared by both classes the ability increase at the rate of the fastest class. Would a build using the sneak attack version of fighter give the sneak attack if the levels of fighter were taken at even levels? So like rouge4/classA1,SA Fighter1,classA2,SA Fighter 2. Leading to the build having 4d6 sneak attack at level 4?

Doesn't work.  You progress the abilities at the fastest rate.  So Rogue effectively gets 1d6 sneak attack at level 1, and +.5d6 sneak attack every level after that, rounding down.  Sneak Attack Fighter gets the same thing.  You'd get a bump in sneak attack from the first levels (so Rogue 1/X1//Y2/Sneak Attack Fighter 1 would have 2d6 sneak attack) but that's about it.

Thanks for the answers.

JaronK
A72Not sure about the whole answer but, the SA Fighter variant gains SA at the same levels as a Rogue so 1,3,5,... etc.  You gain the variant features at the same level that the original class gains them.  That's why Wild Shape Ranger gains WS at 5 even though it gives up something at level 2.

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »
Q79 What ways are there to increase racial spell resistance via feat or item other than Daazzix's Vest, Boost Spell Resistance, Exalted Spell Resistance, and Psychic Refusal?

Q80 Anyone have a link or copy/paste for the text of Psychic Refusal? Or if it is Drow only at least.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »
Q 81 Can Bless Water and Curse Water cancel each other out?

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
A81: If holy water and unholy water do not still count as water for purposes of being targeted by a spell, then the the two spells will never have the opportunity to interact.  If holy water and unholy water do still count as water for purposes of being targeted by a spell, then there are two options. 

If it is possible for the same liquid to be both holy water and unholy water, then the effect of casting both spells will be to create holy-unholy water.  If it is impossible for the same liquid to be both holy water and unholy water, then the second spell would override the first. 

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
A81: If holy water and unholy water do not still count as water for purposes of being targeted by a spell, then the the two spells will never have the opportunity to interact.  If holy water and unholy water do still count as water for purposes of being targeted by a spell, then there are two options. 

If it is possible for the same liquid to be both holy water and unholy water, then the effect of casting both spells will be to create holy-unholy water.  If it is impossible for the same liquid to be both holy water and unholy water, then the second spell would override the first.
But that's only if they're the same level, right? If the caster of one is greater than the other, it should supersede the lower level spell should it not? Like light and darkness cancel each other out, but one should reappear once the shorter duration is over, no?

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »
Um, no.  Spells with the Light and Darkness descriptors do that because they specifically say they do, not because spells of opposing elements usually do.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."