Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition  (Read 127654 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
Q 67. Has there been any builds youv seen that specifically uses the rod of ropes? For dmg/disarm/pwnage?

Q 68. If you were to stat out Gaara of the Sand, from naruto. At 15th level. What would you give him?
A68: What a no-brainer. Levels in sandshaper, of course!  :D
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
A 65: Empowered Lesser Orb of Electricity

Actually, an empowered lesser orb of electricity is still considered 1st level, it just takes up a 3rd level slot. However, I don't have room for Heighten Spell, so metamagic won't work.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
Q 67. Has there been any builds youv seen that specifically uses the rod of ropes? For dmg/disarm/pwnage?

Q 68. If you were to stat out Gaara of the Sand, from naruto. At 15th level. What would you give him?
A68: What a no-brainer. Levels in sandshaper, of course!  :D
And spend all his money on sculptable sand.  Or whatever that's called.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »

A68: What a no-brainer. Levels in sandshaper, of course!  :D
And spend all his money on sculptable sand.  Or whatever that's called.
Shapesand.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
You need high wisdom to use shapesand. I dont watch Naruto, is the sand type character shown as being insightful and/or wise and/or observant?
BG's other resident furry!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
You need high wisdom to use shapesand. I dont watch Naruto, is the sand type character shown as being insightful and/or wise and/or observant?
Depends. If you subscribe to the theory that there is insight in madness, then yes, he is very insightful.

More seriously, after being cured from being batshit insane (by getting said shit beaten out of him, naturally), I'd describe him as one of the wiser characters on the series, yes.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »
I think there's a feature that allows you to sub your Cha for Wis if you're insane, actually. Well, maybe.

Q69: Is there a feature that allows substituting charisma for wisdom? either a feat, class feature or just a monster's quality.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
Q: 60  Is there any rules limiting Initiators from learning the same maneuver from different Initiator classes?

ie White Raven Tactics from both Warblade and Crusader levels?

I seem to recall that once you know it, you know it for all of your initiator classes that can use it, and you can't learn it again, but I don't remember exactly if that was in the original text, or in the FAQ or something.  
Fixed that for ya.  From the ToB customer service faq, you can only learn each maneuver once at any given time, and you are restricted to readying it for the class you learned it from.

And bump:

Q 57: Does having water breathing cast upon you confer the ability to successfully cast a spell with a verbal component while underwater?

Q 70: A rogue utilizes Use Magic Device to activate a wand of Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, which allows you to prepare spells (total of 3 spell levels).  What happens?  Can he actually cast any spells?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:06:08 PM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Archao

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2010, 11:43:37 PM »
I think there's a feature that allows you to sub your Cha for Wis if you're insane, actually. Well, maybe.

Q69: Is there a feature that allows substituting charisma for wisdom? either a feat, class feature or just a monster's quality.
In Bastards and Bloodlines (a 3rd party book), on page 91, there is a feat called Lost Tradition that allows you to switch the stat you use for spells from one to another (RAW, you could even cast with Strength).

Then there's Force of Personality (Complete Adventurer, p109), which switches your will saves to be Charisma dependent.

Is there a specific area you want to switch stats for, or are you looking to use CHA for everything that uses WIS?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
Well, he's pretty good at noticing things (though primarily he has an Arcane Eye to do it for him), and he seems to have a relatively strong will.  Given that he's a desert ninja, he probably has good survival skills, too, so putting a high wis isn't that nonsenical.  Give him willing deformity: madness for the first half.
Planetouched Handbook

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
Question 70

I have been knocking my head back & forth over this little difficulty. Is there any way for a 1st-level expert, limited to spending only 40 gp, of attaining a masterwork dagger (if only temporary)?

The 40 gp limit even factors in crafting (so really 120 gp if it can be crafted).

I'm trying to activate the Fell Conspiracy feat but this seems to be an obstacle blocking it. Is there a 1st-level spell which grants a masterwork weapon temporary? Is there a 1st-level feat which grants a masterwork weapon?

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2010, 04:24:25 AM »
In Bastards and Bloodlines (a 3rd party book), on page 91, there is a feat called Lost Tradition that allows you to switch the stat you use for spells from one to another (RAW, you could even cast with Strength).
That's actually pretty damn awesome. Although I'm sure people are going to read it as "which ability score that you usually use for casting".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:28:20 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:14 AM »
I'm from a lost clan of constitutiamancers.  The greatest of our kin became too healthy and ascended to another plane of existence.
Planetouched Handbook

Archao

« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2010, 05:10:06 AM »
I'm from a lost clan of constitutiamancers.  The greatest of our kin became too healthy and ascended to another plane of existence.
I personally like the beefy wizard who radiates fireballs when flexing.

Silent Wayfarer

• Email
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »
Q71 How do I get the Mark of Minauros feat from FC 2? As, say, a human.

Archao

« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »
@archao: Now if we can get Cha to Wis-based skills we're done ;) I mean, getting it to AC, attack, damage etc. is pretty simple.
I can't find anything for CHA to WIS-based skills, but there is Keen Intellect (Dragon #318, p38). You may use your Intelligence instead of Wisdom on Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival, and also for Will saves. Don't know if it's useful to you, but it's the closest thing I found.

Phaenix

« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »
@archao: Now if we can get Cha to Wis-based skills we're done ;) I mean, getting it to AC, attack, damage etc. is pretty simple.
I can't find anything for CHA to WIS-based skills, but there is Keen Intellect (Dragon #318, p38). You may use your Intelligence instead of Wisdom on Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival, and also for Will saves. Don't know if it's useful to you, but it's the closest thing I found.

What about a level of Marshal and the Motivate Wisdom Aura?

muhammed

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
Q72: From my understanding in a gestalt build if two abilities are shared by both classes the ability increase at the rate of the fastest class. Would a build using the sneak attack version of fighter give the sneak attack if the levels of fighter were taken at even levels? So like rouge4/classA1,SA Fighter1,classA2,SA Fighter 2. Leading to the build having 4d6 sneak attack at level 4?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:28:00 PM by muhammed »