Author Topic: Old School Gamer Silliness  (Read 4025 times)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Old School Gamer Silliness
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:55 PM »
That doesn't stop boxing it into a wall of force box being filled with water so it drowns, which bypasses regeneration.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 01:49:39 AM »
I once looked at slapping both the Pseudonatural and the Paragon templates on the Tarrasque. He actually got some ranged options!

Also, a Vivacious Tarrasque would be the funniest thing ever; wait a second, I'll stat it up.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
You just need a necromancer based cleric and a small swarm of Allips. The Big T is immune to ability damage, but not drain. Allips deal 1d4 Wis drain per touch (+3 to hit, will succeed on a roll of 2) and BIG T only has a Wis of 14. After that use Miracle/Wish.

In Libris Mortis, Summon Undead 4 will net you one Allip and Summon Undead 5 will net you two Allips.
That won't kill it, so Miracle/Wish won't help.  However, the thing is NEVER moving again unless someone heals the ability drain (and by the time they can do that, they could also Raise Dead on it, so obviously they want it around for whatever reason).
Obviously for experimental Evangelion Unit T
[spoiler]I think we need to make this build. What's the best way to pilot a dead bigger-than-you thing? I'll make another thread now.[/spoiler]

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 02:48:55 AM »
Gang, gang calm.  Ty all for the help.  It was funny to see the gamers act like it was some mega omfg beast but I got to remember that in 2nd edition it was.  I thought I read some where you can throw big T into the positive energy plain and that would help kill it.  But the force cube and a mess load of water also help.  LOL too fun. Oh Linguist, in your first post you had rogue 15/ghost5.  Where did you get ghost from if I may ask, ty in advance.

Gunhaven

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something clever.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »
Ghost is Monster Manual 1, page 117.  At least the rules for creating one start there.
My first handbook: Leadership and Army Making  Always a work in process.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 03:05:49 AM »
Reverse Gravity, Gate.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 03:09:15 AM »
maybe like cr10/20/30 versions?
How about CR 40?

Quote from: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070608a
Thirty-Headed Tarrasque CR 40
N Colossal magical beast
Init +16; Senses darkvision 90 ft., low-light vision, scent; Listen +94, Spot +94
Aura frightful presence
Languages --

AC 69, touch 10, flat-footed 61; Dodge, Mobility
(-8 size, +8 Dex, +59 natural)
hp 4,947 (106 HD); regeneration 40; DR 15/epic
Immune ability damage, disease, energy drain, fire, poison
Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10, electricity 10; SR 52
Fort +100, Ref +67, Will +43

Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); rush
Melee 30 bites +121 (4d8+20/18-20/x3 plus 2d6 on crit plus Fort save DC 80 or die on crit) and
60 horns +120 (1d10+10) and
2 claws +120 (1d12+10) and
tail slap +120 (3d8+10) *Power attacks for 50
Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
Base Atk +106; Grp +142
Atk Options Awesome Blow, Dire Charge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Combat Reflexes, Large and In Charge, Power Attack, Prone Attack, improved grab, rush, swallow whole

Abilities Str 50, Dex 26, Con 93, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 14
SQ augmented critical, carapace
Feats Alertness, Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat ReflexesB, Devastating Critical (bite, Fort DC 80), Dire Charge, Dodge, Elusive Target, Epic Fortitude, Epic Prowess (2), Epic Reflexes, Epic Will, Eyes in the Back of Your Head, Great Cleave, Great Strength, Hold the Line, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved InitiativeB, Improved MultiattackB, Iron Will, Large and In Charge, Mobility, Overwhelming Critical (bite), Power Attack, Prone Attack, Spellcasting Harrier (+53 to foe's Concentration check DC to cast in its threatened area), Superior Initiative, Toughness (6), Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Hide -8, Jump +14, Listen +94, Search +84, Spot +94, Survival +33 (+37 following tracks)

Improved Grab (Ex) To use this ability, the thirty-headed tarrasque must hit a Huge or smaller opponent with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to swallow the foe the following round.

Swallow Whole (Ex) The thirty-headed tarrasque can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+8 points of crushing damage plus 2d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the tarrasque's digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the tarrasque's digestive tract (AC 54). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The tarrasque's gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Rush (Ex) Once per minute, the normally slow-moving tarrasque can move at a speed of 150 feet.

Carapace (Su) The thirty-headed tarrasque's armorlike carapace is exceptionally tough and highly reflective, deflecting all rays, lines, cones, and even magic missile spells. There is a 30% chance of reflecting any such effect back at the caster; otherwise, it is merely negated. Check for reflection before rolling to overcome the creature's spell resistance.

Frightful Presence (Su) The thirty-headed tarrasque can inspire terror by charging or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 65 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 60 feet of the tarrasque. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Regeneration (Ex) No form of attack deals lethal damage to the thirty-headed tarrasque. The tarrasque regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the tarrasque fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature's full normal hit points +10. The tarrasque is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem's cursed wound ability. The tarrasque can be slain only by raising its nonlethal damage total to its full normal hit points +10 (or 4,957 hit points) and using a wish or miracle spell to keep it dead. If the tarrasque loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d6 minutes (the detached piece dies and decays normally). The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Holy crap that is bad ass. Hey Could someone stat up a cr14 Terrasque for me? I think itd be cool to throw a mini at my players  :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda