Author Topic: Which Items to bring for Artificer lvl 7?  (Read 1640 times)

Khorus

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • TPK FTW!
Which Items to bring for Artificer lvl 7?
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:38:16 PM »
Ok I got to go to another 3.5 game after a long stretch of pathfinder. I'm a lvl 7 melee artificer and basically I want to be over prepared for just about anything (survivability). The dm likes to throw HIGH CRs at his players are other devious traps. I'm going to be packing eternal wands + schema. What spells would be handy to have?

So far I've come up with, Bite of the Were bear, divine power, and draconic polymorph. What should I bring for defense?

And as far as where to put wands I'm thinking wrist sheath (i'm war forged) Wand Hilts, and efficient quivers. Any other shenanigans that could help me out?

Pretty much all 3.5 except Book of Nine Swords is open. I just want to shine only when necessary and not bring undue attention to myself.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Which Items to bring for Artificer lvl 7?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »
Ok I got to go to another 3.5 game after a long stretch of pathfinder. I'm a lvl 7 melee artificer and basically I want to be over prepared for just about anything (survivability). The dm likes to throw HIGH CRs at his players are other devious traps. I'm going to be packing eternal wands + schema. What spells would be handy to have?

So far I've come up with, Bite of the Were bear, divine power, and draconic polymorph. What should I bring for defense?

And as far as where to put wands I'm thinking wrist sheath (i'm war forged) Wand Hilts, and efficient quivers. Any other shenanigans that could help me out?

Pretty much all 3.5 except Book of Nine Swords is open. I just want to shine only when necessary and not bring undue attention to myself.

Defense.  Wand.  WINGS OF COVER!

Friendly Fire may also be useful.

Xorn Movement may also be a good one.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:13:47 AM »
OK, this is for level 8, when you pick up "weapon augmentation"
Player's Guide to Faerun.  Look up "doomwarding".  Use the seven rerolls to help allies and on nat 1 saves.

Drow House insigna (Magic of Faerun or Drow of the Underdark ) are like combinable neck-slot eternal wands with fewer uses and restrictions.  Consider using them.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

borg286

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »
Bandoleer from Faerun is meant to hold knives but works for wands
Dungeonscape offers the Wand Chamber to put a wand in a weapon.  Put in crossbow
pick some things from this sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=216614
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?s=f2105a929999e82c8abd0237c0d7e910&p=3425947&postcount=107 also has some awesome stuff

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »

Defense.  Wand.  WINGS OF COVER!

Friendly Fire may also be useful.

Xorn Movement may also be a good one.

I second wings of cover.
Another decent interrupt defensive spell is permiable form. idk if i spelld that right  :D It's not as good as wings of cover but it can come inhandy
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
actions and hands are key.  Double Spare hand is a must.  22,000 gp, but worth every copper when you can affoord it.

Metamagic Wand Grip is also probably a good item to grab.  get multiple.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.