Author Topic: Shapeshifter at lower levels.  (Read 3615 times)

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: Shapeshifter at lower levels.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Don't forget changelings, from the Eberron Campaign Setting and MM III. They're shapeshifters from the get-go. Add in divine minion for an alternate form for combat (better with LA-buyoff), then hit factotum, druid, or wildshape ranger, and eventually master of many forms.

I actually thought about making the base race for this build a changling and making the first level changling rogue for the nice skills and social abilities. But it did not seem to fit with divine minion thematically and the build is skill point starved as it is which human will help out more.

you should be able to enter shapeshifter at level 8 seeing as once you get the alternate form ability down you only need concentration 10 ranks to get in if i remember correctly or is it 7 ranks but wither way you should be able to enter earlier than 9-10th level range like you are.  should make you more powerfull earlier but other than that the build might be cheesey but its solid

I do not think it is that cheesy in the overpowering sense given the houserules I listed, although early entry is always a little bit like that. You would never be able to turn into a form with a higher CR then what your character has due to the HD limit, It is a very good combatant though. And you are right that I could take shapeshifter earlier but I would prefer not to due to the 7th level of MoMF giving me EX special abilities.

I think I might just drop cloistered cleric entirely and go for a first level of factotum and a few more levels later on to get brains over brawn. This would be for the excellent skill usage as this build will be a good enough combatant without knowledge and strength devotion.