Author Topic: Help Converting Planar Shepherd to Forgotten Realms?  (Read 2637 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Help Converting Planar Shepherd to Forgotten Realms?
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »
Can someone help me figure out how to convert the Planar Shepherd class to Forgotten Realms?  I checked the Adaptation section, and it said to drop the Greensinger Initiate feat.  It says to choose another planar focused organization.. looking at the initiate feats, it looks like Initiate of Nature (pgtf) would work, assuming we were talking about "The House of Nature" plane, where most of those deities stay...  Except I would have to go all the way to druid 6 before entering, I guess? Checking realmshelps, there is a "Dderwydd Chymdeithas Initiate" from Dragon 332, I guess if you chose that and chose to add Knowledge (the Planes) to the class list, that would work? the flavor of Greensingers seems chaotic, and my character is a druid of Meilikki, and this thing might not be quite as chaotic... Or would you suggest some way to add Greensingers to Forgotten Realms?  I don't quite understand the concept of a "Manifest Zone", is that unique to Eberron? The thing alternately talks about creating Planar Touchstones as an alternate version of the level 10 feature...  That doesn't seem to make any sense, most of the manifest zone parts of the class happens earlier than 10th level... Forgotten Realms DOES have something kind of like manifest zones, right? And is there any way to know what effect "The House of Nature" plane would have as the Planar Shepherd's linked plane? Or a list of what creatures can be found there? Thanks!

BTW, if it helps, I'm a player in this game, not the DM, so it has to be something that I can manage to explain to the DM... and he does know my character is going to be crazy powerful, he's game for trying to figure out exactly what my character can do, to challenge him to grow as a DM.  But I have to help explain the rules and stuff to him, so he can learn this stuff and plan for it...
BG's other resident furry!

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Help Converting Planar Shepherd to Forgotten Realms?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:37:53 AM »
imo, fr is more broke than any other setting, i wouldnt adapt it at all, use it as is.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »
I second the not changing anything mechanically. You can easily switch the it to the Initiate of Nature. Just don't pick a plane with the weird time traits and everything will be fine. The time trait abuse is just stupid.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:58:24 AM »
Okay, lets say I *do* change it to Initiate of Nature. That makes me Druid6/Planar Shepherd 10/Druid+4.  Where can I find as detailed a description as possible about "The House of Nature"? Which books, and which chapters?
BG's other resident furry!