Author Topic: Few Things on my mind: Blood Magus, Pirate, Undead Leader, Cohort.  (Read 3842 times)

Gunhaven

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something clever.
Re: Few Things on my mind: Undead Leader, Cohort, Blood Magus.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:56 PM »
Hehe, bumping again.  I think we've got the main character and cohort figured out (Except maybe feat selection and possible PrCs).  What should I do about Blood Magus 10 besides not take it?  I was thinking Kobold (with the good ole +3 Sorc level), so some Sorcerer.  Should I just make it Sorc 10/Blood Magus 10 or try to squeeze in some PrCs?  And what tactics should I use? Greater Arcane Focus with True Strike and something for good touch damage?
My first handbook: Leadership and Army Making  Always a work in process.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »
You should see if your DM will let you make your familiar, whatever you want it to be ultimately, be a spell-stitched familiar. It's a feat you take, conveniently called spell-stitched familiar, that replaces the normal benefits of a familiar with granting you 4 HD more of undead every 2 or 4 levels (AFB right now.)

And if you are going for the kobold cohort, and you're going necropolitan, see if you're able to throw levels of Master of Shrouds on there. There is a handbook around here about it, and it would fit well thematically.

Sadly, I think it's for clerics; as I said I'm AFB, so I can't check I am going to check crystalkeep.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Gunhaven

• Something clever.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 02:29:29 AM »
Aye, it's Clerics.  What about Mage of the Arcane Order, a dip (or the whole thing and no Necro) of Sand Shaper, Fiend-Blooded, or Nightmare Spinner?  Looks like most of the ones that are suggested add spells to sorcerers, hehe.

Gunhaven

• Something clever.
Re: Few Things on my mind: Blood Magus, Pirate, Undead Leader, Cohort.
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »
Alright, bumping this for another thing that I need help with.  I've updated the first page with it but basically I could use some help making a pirate.  I was gonna do two different builds, one that's more a captain and one that's more of a combat type guy.  I was thinking Scarlet Corsair 3 in the Combat Type and Dread Pirate/Legendary Captain for the Captain.

In addition, how would one go about making a flying ship?  And are there any "puffy shirt" items in the game that could be made magical?  Pretty much everything allowed with DM approval, like with the Dread Necromancer.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
Check out eberron material for flying ships, iirc it has a few flying elemental vessels that might work, sorry I can't give you a book reference, but I'm away from my ebberon material.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Gunhaven

• Something clever.
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
Check out eberron material for flying ships, iirc it has a few flying elemental vessels that might work, sorry I can't give you a book reference, but I'm away from my ebberon material.

Found it, thanks!  Page 30 of Explorer's Handbook has the stats for an Airship.