Author Topic: Sooo... I think I might be a bad Gm for this, but it's funny.  (Read 1729 times)

DMM4ever

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
I just made a Pixie Swiftblade for my adventuring party (Sorc 6, Swiftblade 6) to deal with.

Any suggestions on spells that would fit this little sucker?  (Got 1-5 level spells, greater mage armor is a given, as is Haste [duh])
Also, mirror image question.  Will it work if Pixie is invisible mode?
Also, also, Pixie is effin' busted.

weenog

• Grape ape
Re: Sooo... I think I might be a bad Gm for this, but it's funny.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:29:30 PM »
Quote from: Mirror Image
An attacker must be able to see the images to be fooled. If you are invisible  or an attacker shuts his or her eyes, the spell has no effect. (Being unable to see carries the same penalties as being blinded.)

Here I was thinking it would only work if the attackers had an ability to see invisible things, but the spell explicitly says it doesn't work if you're invisible.  You could rule that this is just a clarification of needing to see the images to be fooled, but that would be a (reasonable, imo) house rule.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:05:26 AM »
If your enemy has see invis though.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »
Come to think of it, this spell needs some house rule help anyway.  Taken literally, if one guy closes his eyes, everyone is free to beat the snot out of you.  Maybe change "If you are invisible or an attacker shuts his or her eyes, the spell has no effect." to "This spell has no effect on creatures that are currently unable to see the images it creates."  Still get your benefits while invisible and viewed with see invis, and less stupidity with one person dispelling you by blinking.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:23:36 AM by weenog »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:53 AM »
Thats mostly loose wording.
I think the issue is less with how easy it is to negate the spell, but more of how can you be harder to hit with their eyes open than closed, particularly if you're visible(would have been pretty entertaining if your images are visible hen you're not though, wild goose chase yay).
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:34:11 AM »
Are you sure you don't want to use a sylph (MMII)? 

Sylph: small, CR 5, casting as 7th level sorcerer, improved invisibility (self only) at will, fly 90 feet (good), -2 str, +2 dex, -2 con, +4 int, +6 wis, +6 cha. 

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »
would have been pretty entertaining if your images are visible hen you're not though, wild goose chase yay

That sounds like a custom spell I need to talk my party's low-op illusionist into researching next time we have some down time.  It could save him any number of wedgies for poking fun at the ranger/barbarian and dragon shaman's gradually developing relationship.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
hmmm ... Pixie 4/ Sorceror 6/ Swiftblade 6 ... i can work with that .... will see what i can do later ;)

:D

Gunhaven

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something clever.
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
Are you sure you don't want to use a sylph (MMII)? 

Sylph: small, CR 5, casting as 7th level sorcerer, improved invisibility (self only) at will, fly 90 feet (good), -2 str, +2 dex, -2 con, +4 int, +6 wis, +6 cha. 

Jeez, that's scary.  And unless we have different copies their caster level is HD (which is 3 in the example) + 4.
My first handbook: Leadership and Army Making  Always a work in process.