Author Topic: The Angriest Guy Ever  (Read 1365 times)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
The Angriest Guy Ever
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PRPt7bjT4

Francis is very upset about his D&D game.

PS - this guy makes these up and is not at all serious, it's a satire, but it's pretty funny. Oh, and there's some questionable language, just warning you.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
Re: The Angriest Guy Ever
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:11:04 AM »
I watched up to about 2 minutes before closing the page with a "This is boring as shit."
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 07:49:38 AM »
I watched up to about 2 minutes before closing the page with a "This is boring as shit."
It gets better.  That one has a big windup, but the hyperventilating nerd rage on the second half is funny in a pathetic kind of way.

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »

same

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
It gets better.  That one has a big windup, but the hyperventilating nerd rage on the second half is funny in a pathetic kind of way.

I went back to check. closed it again.