Author Topic: Does this pique your fancy?  (Read 4304 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Does this pique your fancy?
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
Eberron Monk 11/Disciple of Dispater 8/ X 1
With the feats Whirling Steel Strike (Eberron Monk), Lightning Maces, Improved Critical, and Roundabout Kick. Maybe that feat that gives you an extra attack with that one exotic weapon from sandstorm. Also, you can grab some incarnum abilities to give you Sphinx Claws, and thus pounce, but it isn't required.

If you run out of feats, have a friendly wizard Embrace/Shun some of the bonus feats you get away.

Then, make this your weapon: an Aptitude Illusion Bane Impaling Mage Bane Maiming Rapier.

Grab an item that gives you haste at will. Shouldn't be too expensive.

End result:
1. You can flurry with your rapier. Your rapier crits on a 9 or better, ignores miss chance from illusions, can act as if it's making a touch attack 3/day and it really hurts casters.
2. Each time you threaten a crit, you get an extra attack. Each time you actually crit, you get another attack. It's more likely that you get an extra attack than not.
3. Even if, by some freak circumstance you don't threaten a critical, at level 20, should X be a full BAB class, you have 8 attacks on a full attack, at the following numbers: 15/15/15/15/15/10/5/0.

Doing some quick calculations, the chance that you don't threaten a critical at all is 256/390625, which is rather low. In fact, you should be threatening about 4 criticals or more each full round action, which would get you 4 more attacks, each with the sam chance of threatening a critical...

It's just a little something.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Does this pique your fancy?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Use the X to get Blood in the Water stance for more synergy.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
An oldie but a goldie :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »

The thing I'm proud of is the fact that I came up with this on my own.

I'm finally learning!  :D

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:50 PM »
i remember the day i had that feeling.  i think it was after i made a sorcerer/favored soul/mystic theurge/( some necromancy/undead class with dual casting) and actualy managed to out do the cleric and wizard in the party some how.....

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:36 AM »

The thing I'm proud of is the fact that I came up with this on my own.

I'm finally learning!  :D
I know how you feel, it's great to come up with something on your own, even if you later learn you weren't the first to discover it :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:08 AM »
Thanks you guys, now I need to go off and either pracice some more or sleep.

Heh, when I thought of this, I was AFB and my computer, so I was up until 1 or so trying to work it out. It was fun.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 08:50:46 AM »
When does Disciple of Dispater get those crit abilities again? Because you could replace those monk levels with Monk/Ardent/Psychic Weapon Master with the Tashalatora feat for an extra +2 threat range as long as you wield a crysteel weapon, as well as some psionic powers.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
When does Disciple of Dispater get those crit abilities again? Because you could replace those monk levels with Monk/Ardent/Psychic Weapon Master with the Tashalatora feat for an extra +2 threat range as long as you wield a crysteel weapon, as well as some psionic powers.

+1.. be sure to take practiced manifester.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »
DoD gets it at 3 and 8.

Hmm... I'll see if I can get my hand on ComPsi to take a look at Ardent. I mean, I've seen the guide, but it's best to see the real thing...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
This trick works incredibly well with Tome of Battle material. Stormguard Warrior, Avalanche of Blades, Blood in the Water, Dancing/ Raging Mongoose, Wall of Blades, Lightning Recovery (keeping the Avalanche going is pretty important), Warblades Weapon Aptitude, Snap Kick... It can get to be ridiculous.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
So...

Cobra strike Monk 2/Ardent 1/(full BAB) 3/Psychic weapon master 9/Disciple of Dispater 3/ X 2
Feats: Improved Critical (learning psionic keen edge might also work), Practiced Manifester (ardent), Tashalatora (PWM)

or

Cobra strike Monk 2/Ardent or Wilder 5/Psychic weapon master 9/Disciple of Dispater 3/ X 1
Feats: Improved Critical (learning psionic keen edge might also work), Tashalatora (PWM)

The first can manifest as a 9th-level ardent. The second can manifest as either a 13th-level ardent or 9th-level wilder, but has BAB one point lower.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:03:16 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]