Author Topic: Campaign Thread III: Zombie Weenus  (Read 89502 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Campaign Thread III: Zombie Weenus
« Reply #840 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:46 AM »
As an off-hand comment, barely turning to face the judge, Zachary says, "Even if they were not accompanied by warriors, I would leave it up to such a force to come out victorious and glorious."

Back to the squirrel, Zach asks, "Would it be possible for one to try and lure him out under pretext of diplomacy? Saying he had information regarding the Wizards guild? It would appear there's some interestingly unsteady relationship at work there. If I can get within five feet of him, I should be able to at least mortally wound him, if he is a man. It's the ambush plan, but we can strike at the head first. That is, if he would be so overly certain as to allow such an opening. Even if it fails, it is still the original plan."

Zipperneck: "Well the wizard in question is the nephew of the Dean of the Wizard's School up in the flying city.  He's not known for being very bright.  But he is a bit paranoid and easily terrified.  He's also a bully with some mild megalomania issues.  Should be fun."

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: December 14, 2010, 12:42:52 AM »
"I should be able to take care of any wizard as long as you can get me safely into range for my spells..."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: December 14, 2010, 01:03:38 AM »
"Good, then you and I shall take care of the wizard, if the squirrels can handle killing his servants to keep them off our backs. Still, that lends itself even more to an ambush. If he's paranoid, we'll need to sneak up on him...

... Hey, you have a good knowledge of the darkness in that stone? Could my plan work with you as a wandering wizard and his bodyguard?"
He gives Bartholomeow a dark look, a smirk with a sinister glint. "It would mean intentionally putting yourself within line of sight, of course..."

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31:12 AM »
"No, I don't really know anything about the stones. Wizards are notoriously paranoid, and it seems like this one is even more so... a traveling wizard not part of the school would probably be greeted with fireballs."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: December 14, 2010, 02:48:17 AM »
"I'm fairly certain that they are older than they look. As for the squirrels, well, in general I've learned not to judge a book by its cover. From what I have come to understand, though, these squirrels are full of surprises."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #845 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »
"So then I understand the Unicorns are under some sort of curse and all and you hope to reverse that today.  What then am I to do about the crimes they have already committed?  The public wants their blood."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: December 14, 2010, 03:36:00 AM »
"The public is too bloodthirsty to be satisfied with anything, I'm sure. However, blood they shall have, though it may not exactly be Unicorn blood they'll get. The true perpetrators of this forest's terrors will be dealt with, and be made to answer for their atrocities."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #847 on: December 14, 2010, 03:52:45 AM »
"My people have special laws relating to ones actions when under the influence of others. Might something similar be appropriate?"
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #848 on: December 14, 2010, 05:03:44 AM »
"Fireballs sound like they're less than enjoyable. In your experience, what's the best way to take care of this wizard? The zombies are just a matter of taking my sweet time ending them all, but these zombies could be more powerful... and this wizard still sounds more dangerous.

"I'm not opposed to or backing away from drawing his fire; I'd still like to ensure that there's someone to end him quickly when things begin becoming violent. Hopefully, the loss of their leader will make the zombies less formidable..."

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #849 on: December 14, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
I turn to Bartholomeow I can make a great disguise as a familiar or a mount , should you feel the need. After all, who suspects a pony? But as the expert on the subject I leave this to you. Take into account that I am, however, not yet experienced enough with this ability of mine to cast spells while I use it.
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: December 14, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
Kintal rolls his eyes as Bill volunteers to play a familiar.  He meows pointedly at him.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #851 on: December 14, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »
Kintal rolls his eyes as Bill volunteers to play a familiar.  He meows pointedly at him.
Oh yeah, that's right, for some reason I can never quite think of you as a "cat" cat. My face turns to one of deep thought
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #852 on: December 14, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
"Once within range--I'd say about one-hundred feet--I should be able to dispatch him with two or three spells. But that's only if we get the benefit of surprise. If he has time to prepare... I'm not certain how difficult it might be to face him. Certainly, he already knows about our presence here..."

Bartholomeow blinks, "I already have a familiar, but thank you for being willing to give of yourself toward this endeavor."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #853 on: December 14, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
ZIpperneck: "He's mostly known for fiddling with the dead.  I imagine he's a seer to since his Uncle his."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #854 on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »
"...... So, he sees things..... I imagine that's.... helpful for him..." He turns to bartholomeow with a blank stare. "So what's the best way to kill a master of the dead who has sight? This world is a tad odd from my own..."

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #855 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
Bartholomeow sighs. "A seer is a practitioner of magic that is adept at a branch called divination. This means he likely already knows we are here and may even be watching us plan right now, unless the local shaman has placed wards against it--he casts a glance at the villagers--Anyways... it just means we'll have to move fast and try to act unpredictable... or just simply overpower him... Since he relies on the undead, it's likely he doesn't have too much personal power, so if we can get past his guardians he shouldn't have too many other defenses in place."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #856 on: December 15, 2010, 01:09:40 AM »
"Then there's not a moment to lose." Stretching his arms, he quickly straightens his clothing, and turns with fire towards the wizard and squirrels. "Then let's be off! If he's watching us, we have already lost the advantage of surprise. But we have not yet lost the initiative!" One hand on his swords, he made quickly for the way they had come. "Lead the way, Zipperneck and Cavalry!"

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #857 on: December 15, 2010, 02:36:23 AM »
"Just think like me then he wont know what is coming
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #858 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
"Well yes but we'll all be dead."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #859 on: December 16, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
Who is joining Flay in the glorious suicide mission of walking brazenly down the path? :D

And who will be trying to join the badger/ninja squirrels?