Author Topic: Runescribe of war  (Read 1779 times)

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Runescribe of war
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »
I was inspired to build this after reading The Colossus of War by ShakaUVM [spoiler]http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22080093/The_Colossus_of_War[/spoiler]

Here is what I have so far, but now I've hit a roadblock. I want to make the character more efficient, but I don't know what else to do. As he stands the character is pretty powerful, atleast in my eyes, but I want to eak out all of the power possible. Currently I'm working on spells for him to abuse,  the character will be the defender of a large fort/military complex and will have to defend it against both large numbers of mooks and groups of pc-like characters. All help is greatly appreciated, and thanks to all who give input.

[spoiler]Runescribe of War

Human

1 Archivist : Dodge, Mobility(h)
2 Archivist
3 Archivist : Inscribe Rune
4 Archivist
5 Archivist (5)
6 Runecaster: Reach Spell
7 Runecaster
8 Runecaster
9 Runecaster : Mysterious Magic
10 Runecaster
11 Runecaster
12 Runecaster : Combat Casting
13 Runecaster
14 Runecaster
15 Runecaster (10): Endurance
16 Contemplative (1)(Bonus Domain: Preperation) : Extend spell(DP)
17 Spell Dancer (1)
18 Primal Scholar: Persistent Spell
19 Primal Scholar: Secret of power(AS)
20 Primal Scholar: Mystery of Magic(AS){choosing reach spell)

Using greater anyspell to prepare and cast a persisted Unfettered Heroism spell, the character can cast his spells as many times as he wants by abusing primals scholar's secret of power to regain spellslots of equal value to his CL. He can also make runes of any divine spell, and can cast any metamagic for free using his spelldancer ability. The las two levels of runecaster are not really nessacary, but I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to add.[/spoiler]
Allbooks are open, as is drag mag.

Edited for clarity and intention
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:39:15 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Runescribe of war
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »
Notable spells, unfinished, suggestions welcome....

2nd level spells will be lesser restorations so he can heal from spelldancing damage.
Persistent Divine Favor
Persistent Divine Power
Persistent Righteous Might
Persistent Greater Blink
Persistent Holy Star
Persistent Stormrage
Persistent Shield of the Archons
Persistent Radiant Shield
Extended Spell Resistance
Acid Fog
Animate Objects
Animate Plants
Blade Barrier
Call Lightning Storm
Changestaff
Contingency
Control Weather
Create Food and Water
Divination
Fire Seeds
Persisted Fire Shield
Fire Trap
Glyph of Warding
Glyph of Warding, Greater
Sanctuary( made into a rune with 3 charges a day, on a steel tablet carried with him)
Sepia Snake Sigil(using greater anyspell, used on the second most door into the complex)
Spellstaff
All of the symbol of xxx spells

This is just the spells off the top of my head and from the srd, I'm going to go through the rest of the books eventually, but I'm open to help :D

[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Runescribe of war
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »
Reserved for final calculations, and other stuff I haven't thought of yet...
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]