Author Topic: Kobold power, GO!  (Read 3732 times)

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Kobold power, GO!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 05:28:14 PM »
Desert Kobold has a Wis penalty rather than a con penalty.  Kobold fighter has +2 Con at level 2 to "mitigate the con penalty"  I'm sure this is abusable somehow.

Slender Build + swarmfighting = Teh EVIL.  More a DM trick than a PC one, alas.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Inari1991

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Kobold power, GO!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
I'm currently playing a Brass Dragonwrought Desert Kobold Sorcerer, and it's great fun!

If I was min-maxing to the hilt and I were you, you could do worse than look at my basic plan for her...

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8620.0

Also look at this:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7329

Note that my plan isn't FULLY min-maxxed; I'm not venerable, I didn't take the alternate sorcerer version that dragonwrought kobolds DO qualify for, I didn't take intermediate brass dragon lineage, the plan is to take four levels of Sorcerer that I didn't need to take, where I could have gone for Signer of Concordance at level 2, and I didn't take any epic feats before epic (what with the not being venerable thing), and I didn't do the Loredrake thing either.  Buuuut I DID write the city of the dead thing into the backstory, to basically get automatic access to my prestige class (as an excuse for the character to have extra, expensive items at low level), and for my troubles the DM gave me a useful regional feat that I wouldn't have qualified for.  Also if you are the writing backstory and roleplaying type, it's totally okay to gank the backstory from my character if ya want. just don't pass it off as 100% yours, okay?

Wow, thanks bro.  You guys are kick ass for being so helpful with my first ever REALLY optimized character.