Author Topic: Anyone interested in some Pirates? [3.5]  (Read 33337 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Anyone interested in some Pirates? [3.5]
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2010, 05:35:20 AM »
People who have put up smilies:
Nanshork:-
Sohala:- Deasert kobold... Wizard/Ardent gish?
Risada:-
Jojo:-

Oh and favored classes/xp pent in or out?
I dont do favoured classes

Would you allow able learner to be taken by non-humans?
No

Starting Level:

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2010, 06:19:27 AM »
"some of the warforged who emerge from his creation forge show signs of defects and mutations"
The ones with defects have mutations and vice-versa.
Fine, flaws and templates. :smirk
I'd imagine that they have the Mournland Mutate feat.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 08:25:28 AM »
Can you say anything about available downtime for crafting yet, Littha?

Bump...

Also:  :love

Currently thinking about (depending on the answer to the above question) about a House Cannith Human Targetteer Artificer using a Rifle based loosely on Richard Sharpe.

EDIT: Since you asked, I'm quite familiar with Eberron and have pretty much all the books, it's my RL group's default campaign setting and my personal favorite and I've DM'ed in it for a couple of years now :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:27:07 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
As far as downtime for crafting goes, I am not sure. Savage tide seems extremely variable on the amount of time you have free.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »
Thoughts on having the necessary crafting stuff (basically the 'alchemical lab') onboard the ship?

Can I get enough crafting supplies iin a Handy Haversack/Bag of Holding/Portable Hole for when we're on dry land?

I figured I'd ask since I've met a lot of DM's with different approaches to crafting and the space your supplies etc. take up...
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:24 AM »
Alchemical lab not so much, i dont think there is a portable version but for any other kind of crafting you can probably get all you need in a bag of holding (including a dedicated wright)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
Alchemical lab not so much, i dont think there is a portable version but for any other kind of crafting you can probably get all you need in a bag of holding (including a dedicated wright)
Alchemical Lab on the ship though? Would that be okay?

That aside, do I only need the lab for actual Alchemical Items (as in, I can carry around anything in a Haversack/Bag needed for magic items, poisons, mundane items and whatever)?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »

That aside, do I only need the lab for actual Alchemical Items (as in, I can carry around anything in a Haversack/Bag needed for magic items, poisons, mundane items and whatever)?
I don't think it would be healthy to mix unstable chemicals on a moving ship  :D

and yes other than alchemical items (and golems etc) you can carry everything else around in a bag

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »
Hmm... looks like a lot of people want to play artificers. What if we recreate the classic D&D party with artificers? One meleeficer, a blastificer, a bufficer, and a general arty for trapfinding and utility? :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
Hmm... looks like a lot of people want to play artificers. What if we recreate the classic D&D party with artificers? One meleeficer, a blastificer, a bufficer, and a general arty for trapfinding and utility? :P
For anyone playing a warforged...
I love that guy.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »

I don't think it would be healthy to mix unstable chemicals on a moving ship  :D

and yes other than alchemical items (and golems etc) you can carry everything else around in a bag
Well, I see your point, but Alchemical Items are fun...
Isn't there some way to store them (relatively) safe? As in, as long as the ship doesn't sail into a frigging hurricane it won't blow up? I can save the crafting for when we're in calm waters/a port...

Just a thought...

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »
Not really, even in calm waters there will be too much rocking to really complete delicate measurements accurately. You could do it when you make land but i doubt everyone else will want to wait about for you to craft some alchemical stuff. 

Final products are generally stable (and the ship will have a small supply of alchemists fire for battles) and can be secured easily enough

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 09:09:03 AM »
Not really, even in calm waters there will be too much rocking to really complete delicate measurements accurately. You could do it when you make land but i doubt everyone else will want to wait about for you to craft some alchemical stuff. 

Final products are generally stable (and the ship will have a small supply of alchemists fire for battles) and can be secured easily enough
Too bad.

No such problems with other kinds of crafting on board though? As you can imagine I'd like to know these kind of things in advance :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
Store them in a Handy Haversack or Enveloping Pit. Extradimensional space = no rocking.

Gonna be a few more hours before I know whether I can post the :love smiley or not. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »
Store them in a Handy Haversack or Enveloping Pit. Extradimensional space = no rocking.

Gonna be a few more hours before I know whether I can post the :love smiley or not. :D
Sounds like a plan. But still need shore-time to craft.

What makes or breaks your possible participation, if you don't mind me askin'? :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

Sounds like a plan. But still need shore-time to craft.

What makes or breaks your possible participation, if you don't mind me askin'? :)
In the case of the pit, you could just hop in and leave it open for air.

I'm waiting to see whether I get accepted into a game that's closing apps today on MW. If not, I'll strongly consider trying this, if I do get in, it'll be a tougher decision as I'm spreading myself pretty thin as it is. Other factors might be how much activity is expected. If I can get away with posting about as often as I do to the RHoD game, I don't foresee too many problems. :P

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 09:29:49 AM »
Yeah, I expect that to pick up in pace this week, since if all goes according to plan my computer should be completely fixed by the end of the day :)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but what's the rule for the stats? Point buy? Roll for it?

Will try to post something tonight...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »
Come to think of it, I really do need Craft (Alchemy). If I'm using a fucking gun, I need to be able to make my own gunpowder :banghead

Krika

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 12:25:21 PM »
 :love

Alright, Dragonwrought Kobold Warmage. I'd like to switch Warmage's Edge class feature for the Dragon Heritage Feat, as there is an ACF for Dragonblood Sorcerers that switches their familiar for the feat. Dragonwrought makes me an actual dragon, so I can qualify for dragonblood things, and Warmage's Edge seems like the analogous Class Feature. What level are we starting at, as then I can start making more decisions about my character. Thus presenting more things for approval.

It might be a good idea to get copies of Races of the Dragon, Dragon Magic, and Draconomicon, as I will be using those alot. And is it alright that I use the additional kobold racial traits as taken from here, so they are an actually good race?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:28:48 PM by Krika »