« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »
Someone needs to start the discussion.
FIRST!
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: OCC
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »
first is the worst
second is the best
and third WOULD have the treasure chest, but since second is the best he was able to repossess it from him/her.

its fun to butcher old nursery rhymes, isn't it?
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:15:38 AM »
Q : would anyone mind providing a bit of help building my sniper/shock trooper (yes, he will do both since I doubt there would always be cause for long distance shooting)? Mainly I just need a good advanced class to build towards and whether or not I'm gonna need personal firearms to use all the futuristic guns and such (I have found no mention as to whether or not I would need any feat to use future weapons. I'm pretty sure I do though.)

A: you still need help ?

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:20:39 AM »
Q : would anyone mind providing a bit of help building my sniper/shock trooper (yes, he will do both since I doubt there would always be cause for long distance shooting)? Mainly I just need a good advanced class to build towards and whether or not I'm gonna need personal firearms to use all the futuristic guns and such (I have found no mention as to whether or not I would need any feat to use future weapons. I'm pretty sure I do though.)

A: you still need help ?
kind of, I'm kinda winging my way through this right now. I mainly need a good advanced class to build towards, but pointing out anything I mess up as I work through things would be nice. I'll post the skeleton in the sheets section. (also, a good aussie name might be a good idea, I don't think many of them are named "Jeremy".)

other Q: are we all from earth, or could we have come from other human colonies? If from colonies, do we get to name them, or will you give us a list (and possibly a list of features on said planets for the sake of planetary adaptation)?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:44:08 AM by endgamecutter »
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:37 AM »
as for other colonies feel free to name it your self (i feel lazey)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 03:38:41 AM »
Endgame, you should see a bunch of buttons above the smileys with symbols. The one with a globe and a piece of paper, should be third over, that will put code onto the page that looks like the contents of this window.
Code: [Select]
[url][/url]See where it says url and then /url? if you make an equals sign directly after the "l" in the first url, so that in brackets it looks like "url=", you just need to paste the url of the website you wanna hyperlink directly after the "=" but still inside the "]". You write text in between the two url's so that it looks something like this.

[ url=www.websitewanted.com]Your text here[/url ]

that's the format, but you wanna not have the spaces separate the bracket from the url. Try it on your page.

Alternatively,

here's my character sheet.

Now, if you hit the quote button, like you were posting, it'll show you the text I wrote, which will show you the coding as it has to be typed. You'll note the format, as I've clumsily tried describing it to you, and you should be good to go. Coding is fun, AND easy!  :thumb

Also, how do you have a 20 in a stat? We don't have racial bonuses, nor have we gotten two ability boost from leveling, and you can't buy a score above 18 in point buy. Did you purchase one of the biodriod ability boosters? I was gonna hold off on that.  :P NVM, didn't see that planetary adaption feat at first. If I wasn't so screwed spending a feat just so I have an occupation and another starting feat (downside of bioreplicas, no con to hp and no starting occupation or first level feats... unless you plan on spending one of those feats on the memory implant...).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:44:26 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 03:49:35 AM »
planetary adaptation gives bonus' depending on which type of planet you choose it from. The Low grav option is +2 dex and +6 inches inuendo here to your characters height...unless I read that wrong. It's in the standard "future" book, so if I read it wrong, please tell me.

Also, This will be tested with METAL!!!!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 04:04:19 AM »
I'm still not sure how to put my character together. I've been very busy and haven't gotten much chance to flip through Future or other supplements. I also haven't gotten word from Stormcrow on whether I'd be able to take any sort of mutations prior to the Evolutionary class, since they're a prerequisite for entry into the Advanced Class.

Any ideas that could help me? Cybernetics and/or mutations might be a given, but as a Supersoldier demolitions expert, he'll probably need to be able to withstand a lot of punishment, while still being able to dish it out.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
planetary adaptation gives bonus' depending on which type of planet you choose it from. The Low grav option is +2 dex and +6 inches inuendo here to your characters height...unless I read that wrong. It's in the standard "future" book, so if I read it wrong, please tell me.

Also, This will be tested with METAL!!!!
that is what I have too. Also for Adv. classes gunslinger out of the core of D20M may be a good choice since you will be shooting a lot it will prevent you from provoking AoO.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
I'm still not sure how to put my character together. I've been very busy and haven't gotten much chance to flip through Future or other supplements. I also haven't gotten word from Stormcrow on whether I'd be able to take any sort of mutations prior to the Evolutionary class, since they're a prerequisite for entry into the Advanced Class.

Any ideas that could help me? Cybernetics and/or mutations might be a given, but as a Supersoldier demolitions expert, he'll probably need to be able to withstand a lot of punishment, while still being able to dish it out.

I would say your gear will provide you with most offense you need, you just need to be able to use it. Since you are going heavy demolitions maybe a primary focus on melee for your feats, since it is much harder to get up to a decent level, and use your Demo skill along with likely grenades to keep your ranged damage up.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
How do we figure out the cost of stuff like cybernetics? Many give base purchase DCs, while some (like a skill/feat plexus) say "does not include implants). So is each "purchased" separately, or do they add to each other, or what?

Otherwise, I think I'm starting to get a decent start on the character.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken if it gives a separate PDC then it is its own purchase and attaches to the other object. If it has +x then x is added to the PDC of whatever you want to have that function.

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »
Since we still need to clear gear up with you, heres what I want

two Railguns minaturized, extended range and integrated (detachable, shoulder), and autofire if thats required for iterative attacks (I can't for the life of me understand the different firing rate rules)
PDC: 32 each

Concussion Rifle, integrated (detachable, right wrist)
PDC: 23

10 clips of Railgun Shards, increased clip size
PDC: 13

I don't know how high a mecha's fortitude save is, if its low than
Minaturized Geass Gauss rifle
PDC: 31

otherwise Minaturized Render rifle
PDC: 25

Armor is currently undecided, I only have light prof. but a feat left that I could use on medium Prof, so any armor recommendations would be nice. All gear and gadgets listed are in either future or future tech handbooks. I might update the list as I figure out more stuff I want (like actual gadgets and armor)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:43:31 PM by endgamecutter »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Are you still a massive mech-beast, endgame?

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
nah, I thought of being a heavily armed/armored weapons platform before but can't do a russian accent of the keyboard, so went the sniper route instead

I just figured if I was going to snipe people (whilst DUAL WIELDING RAILGUNS...somehow) I might as well do it right, and bring in guns that could really pack a punch, though I DID say if they were too much, the +1 damage dice could be taken out of both gun and ammo (currently the railguns hit for 5d12 (average 33) damage per shot, which I admit is probably too much, taking out stopping power would reduce them to 3d12 (average 20) per shot)

If that was directed at the weapons on my shoulders part, that was because I'm under the impression that I can still fire them somehow (the integrated description uses plasma cannons on the shoulders as an example), and the snipers on my shoulders is the closest way I can think that would actually be able to use the scopes on them.

I COULD always become a SNIPING mech-beast though, it would mean rearranging my stats so I could actually carry the heavy armor and all my weapons (which I may have to do anyways, forgot to check the weight aspect of all of this). It would cut into my gunslinging and stealthy capabilities though. I could probably just switch paths to the dreadnought, or something.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
I'm dreadnought/helix warrior-ing. Helix warrior helps with carrying shit too. But yeah, with everyone packing 2-3d8-12, I think taking out the stopping power until later is probably safer. Remember, try not to aim for getting a gun that could kill you in a single shot; he'll be throwing equally well armed people at us. TPKs get irritating after a while.  :p

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
'kay, removed the stopping power (mind you, 3d12 at 200' is still probably our best offensive measure) I'm also considering adding some utility stuff, like superlube grenades (grease of the future) or a pistol that shoots darts (there was one I saw that made noise that could be used to distract guards, don't remember the name but it could come in handy) and possibly an antitank pistol (one shot per pistol, 16d6 damage, in future tech. Could come in handy to have one on hand if we meet a mecha). Any recommendations?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »
the fire rates are as follows:
single- you get 1 shot a round unless you have a feat or ability to change that.
S- (semi-auto)- you get your normal number of attacks with the weapon. Can use feats like double tap to add extra damage for extra dice.
A-(Auto)- semi-auto plus you can use feats like advanced fire arms prof to fill an area with rounds and make it an AoE that they make a save for.

remember with all of those guns on your armor you still only get a total number of attacks based on your BaB and i assume TWF should work with it as well. So it would just give you lots of choices but no more attacks than say a melee TWFer with 2 daggers.

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 11:42:53 PM »
thanks for the firerate notes, and I know I can't fire it all, but as you said: I like the options.