Author Topic: The 3.5 Caster Classes Index  (Read 68630 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: The 3.5 Caster Classes Index
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
Okay I've had a look at those waaaay old d2 classes. I think I'll put a general note on them since I don't see anyone ever using them.

Can I get a source for "Initiate of Deity"?
ahem
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »
Oh, I think that's just stuff from the initiate of pelor,vecna,et cetera feats?  I dunno, it's copy and pasted from a checklist of spelllists that were searchable on a now defunct website.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
Arise thread, 375 day necro, yadda yadda. On the other hand, the 1st post was edited a mere 8 days ago.

5th level spells cap:
Duskblade (1-5 spontaneous arcane) int [own list]
Mystic Ranger (1-5 spontaneous divine) int [+ a few nice spells]
Adept (1-5 prepared divine) wis [own list]       NPC class
Magewright (1-5 prepared arcane) int [own list, no spellbook & severe limitations] NPC class

Pretty sure Mystic Ranger is prepared and Wis-based, not spontaneous/Int.

Is it worth mentioning Academic Priest and Dynamic Priest in that one Dragonlance book that change your casting stat for divine spells to Int/Cha (except save DCs)?
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Bigtuna

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »
Nice index! Thanks.

Shouldn't it be in the handbook section? - It's the kind of thread I'll come back to again and again :-)

rot42

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »
Nice index! Thanks.

Shouldn't it be in the handbook section? - It's the kind of thread I'll come back to again and again :-)

+1

Rename the "Handbooks" board to "Handbooks and Indexes" (or Indices, whatever suits your fancy) or "Well organized stuff we like to refer back to again and again", if that helps. This thread is not currently on the front page of Handy Links, either, despite being quite handy.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
Yes I keep up with all my threads. Abandoning stuff isn't my thing. Oddly enough some lazy people consider this 'dishonest.' Mystic ranger is fixed. Must have been a copy/paste error.

That's because the handy links aren't updated / require manual requests for each thread. This is tedious and disorganized. Besides redundancy somewhere is else good for when BG goes down ... so:

I am indexing and quoting every truly 'handy' thread on this forum. But I'm not doing it here as the organization is not tailored for that. Its a little known gaming board for mainly blizzard games, but enough know of dnd for this: here

I should be done with about a third of it today.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:05:05 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.

Xander_Phoenix

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 05:14:27 AM »
Great work, thanks a lot!

Few typos:
Knight of the Weave is 1 to 6;
Suel Arcanamach is 1 to 5.

Would be totally awesome if sources were included in the description of each class.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
Gee. I guess I did typo those. Huh.

And I include sources when they aren't on the WotC list. Still, I guess I'll add them for easy reference when I get around to it. I have a lot of optimization stuff on my plate.

Feel free to type out the cross references for me. I'll add it into the OP and give you an internets  :)
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Yes I keep up with all my threads. Abandoning stuff isn't my thing. Oddly enough some lazy people consider this 'dishonest.' Mystic ranger is fixed. Must have been a copy/paste error.

That's because the handy links aren't updated / require manual requests for each thread. This is tedious and disorganized. Besides redundancy somewhere is else good for when BG goes down ... so:

I am indexing and quoting every truly 'handy' thread on this forum. But I'm not doing it here as the organization is not tailored for that. Its a little known gaming board for mainly blizzard games, but enough know of dnd for this: here

I should be done with about a third of it today.

awesome list you have compiled here. I recently had to format and lost all my bookmarks so this is nicev :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Xander_Phoenix

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »
Also:

Demonologist (spontaneous arcane) int cha [small own list, all known] [BovD, 54]