Author Topic: Psuedodragon with +38 Grapple check and 20' reach(DM fiat required)  (Read 5071 times)

carnivore

• Grape ape
Re: Psuedodragon with +38 Grapple check and 20' reach(DM fiat required)
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
thank you all very much ... looks like it could work ... provided Mourning Mutate is allowed ... i will adjust the first post to reflect it

:D

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
(scratches heads)
My kitty avatar finds this rather disturbing  :twitch

umm ...
Psuedodragon 2 and 1/2 Troll template 7 = 9 ??
I don't have access,
but I am confused.

EDIT - answer below, bad me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:59:23 PM by awaken DM golem »

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »
(scratches heads)
My kitty avatar finds this rather disturbing  :twitch

umm ...
Psuedodragon 2 and 1/2 Troll template 7 = 9 ??

I don't have access,
but I am confused.

I believe it's a 2HD creature with +3 LA, with +4 LA from Half-Troll. Don't have my sources either, but that's what I seem to remember.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
I believe the disturbing part refers to the fact that a Troll would have had to do a pseudodragon or vice versa to create this character. Honestly, I've seen worse implications. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
Thankfully for my sanity, I just checked the template, and it says that most half-trolls were created by magical experimentation. I'm not sure I could've continued playing a game in which something like...THAT...were allowd.  :bigeye

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Thankfully for my sanity, I just checked the template, and it says that most half-trolls were created by magical experimentation. I'm not sure I could've continued playing a game in which something like...THAT...were allowd.  :bigeye
MM V introduced the Xorvintaal Dragon template, which robs a dragon of its spellcasting ability in return for other abilities. Thus, a Great Wyrm Red dragon with this template would have absolutely no ways to change his form. A Half-Red Dragon Halfling could very well be the son or daughter of such a dragon, however.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
MM V introduced the Xorvintaal Dragon template, which robs a dragon of its spellcasting ability in return for other abilities.
What abilities would those be?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Fadier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
true ... however :

Human Heritage
Type: Racial
Source: Races of Destiny
Your human heritage is more prominent than in others of your kind.
Prerequisite: Half-human race or human-descended race.
Benefit: You are treated as a humanoid with the human-subtype for the purpose of adjudicating all effects. If you are not a humanoid, your type changes to humanoid and you gain the human subtype. If you are already a humanoid, you gain the human subtype. In either case, you retain any other subtypes you had (such as orc or extraplanar), and you retain any traits common to all creatures of your original type (such as darkvision).
You gain 4 additional skill points.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

which will be hard to explain .... since Pseudodragon is not 1/2 Human or Human Descended.... i dont know of any ways to get Humanoid for a Pseudodragon

If you can explain magical experimentation to turn into a half troll, I am sure you can explain a Pseudodragon with a trace of human. Heck just go with magical experimentation if you cannot think of anything. If you want to add a degree of legitimacy just design a Human Bloodline.
My gift back to the CO community, the The Chameleon Handbook. Humans only.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
MM V introduced the Xorvintaal Dragon template, which robs a dragon of its spellcasting ability in return for other abilities.
For one, they get the ability to apply the Xorvintaal Exarch template to other creatures, which gives them mostly some decent utility abilities (limited teleport, telepathy witht he dragon and other Exarchs, flight in cooperation with other Exarchs). They can also choose among a list of abilities (one plus another one per two age categories). These include an Alternate Form ability that allows animal forms (okay, so even the Great Wyrm red might be able to change shape), the ability to spend a move action to add 4 dice of damage and +4 DC to their breath weapon, an ability to use a swift action to deal sonic damage equal to half your breath weapon's normal damage, a permanent better Prying Eyes effect, an aura of energy that deals 5 points of damage per age category per turn, and others. Unfortunately, it has no listed LA, so no, you can't pimp your Kobold DFA with it. :p

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
For one, they get the ability to apply the Xorvintaal Exarch template to other creatures, which gives them mostly some decent utility abilities (limited teleport, telepathy witht he dragon and other Exarchs, flight in cooperation with other Exarchs). They can also choose among a list of abilities (one plus another one per two age categories). These include an Alternate Form ability that allows animal forms (okay, so even the Great Wyrm red might be able to change shape), the ability to spend a move action to add 4 dice of damage and +4 DC to their breath weapon, an ability to use a swift action to deal sonic damage equal to half your breath weapon's normal damage, a permanent better Prying Eyes effect, an aura of energy that deals 5 points of damage per age category per turn, and others. Unfortunately, it has no listed LA, so no, you can't pimp your Kobold DFA with it. :p
+CR on this?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
true ... however :

Human Heritage
Benefit: You are treated as a humanoid with the human-subtype for the purpose of adjudicating all effects. If you are not a humanoid, your type changes to humanoid and you gain the human subtype. If you are already a humanoid, you gain the human subtype. In either case, you retain any other subtypes you had (such as orc or extraplanar), and you retain any traits common to all creatures of your original type (such as darkvision).

which will be hard to explain .... since Pseudodragon is not 1/2 Human or Human Descended.... i dont know of any ways to get Humanoid for a Pseudodragon

If you can explain magical experimentation to turn into a half troll, I am sure you can explain a Pseudodragon with a trace of human. Heck just go with magical experimentation if you cannot think of anything. If you want to add a degree of legitimacy just design a Human Bloodline.
You can't really do that. The half troll thing is a matter for the fluff, while the human/human-descended requirement is a matter for the crunch.

Plus it doesn't matter anymore since he can use Mourning Mutate.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
+CR on this?
+0, unless you give it Xorvintaal abilities beyond the number it's entitled to. For example, a young adult would get one ability, so if you give it three instead, it'd be CR +2.
Y'know what? I could just pm you an excerpt. :p

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »
true ... however :

Human Heritage

Human Bloodline ... nice and why not ?

Savage Species ritual doohickeys can give "human" somehow.
Level 6-ish definitely has enough moolah, to start the ritual payment plan.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
true ... however :

Human Heritage

Human Bloodline ... nice and why not ?

Savage Species ritual doohickeys can give "human" somehow.
Level 6-ish definitely has enough moolah, to start the ritual payment plan.
You can't use a human bloodline. You need to be half human or from a human-descended race, not just human-descended yourself. The same applies to the ritual.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »
hmm ... dang, I might hafta get that out of storage, bad me again.